Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cannot Register 2nd Security Remote in AHP  (Read 6032 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Cannot Register 2nd Security Remote in AHP
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:02:48 PM »

Have...
DS7000
AHP
OnAlert
Smart Macros

In OnAlert I have registered the console and one SH624 security remote.  I have a second SH624 remote on the second floor.  When I go through the steps to install the second remote it is recognized but I get a pop up Error window that says:

"The module "Remote 2" has been found with the security code just received.  Make sure you are working owith the correct sensor or remote."

Not sure what's going on.  Maybe only one remote can be registered?  Maybe there's no need to have more than one remote registered?

Any ideas??

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Cannot Register 2nd Security Remote in AHP
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:52:54 PM »

On your way to register the second remote, are you passing by a security motion sensor by any chance?

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:12:53 PM »

On your way to register the second remote, are you passing by a security motion sensor by any chance?

No...I gave up on the MS10A, which is totally unreliable, IMO. 

System is only 9 window/door sensors and one power alarm. 

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »

When you get that error message it either means something else is sending an X10 Security signal to AHP that is already installed before you send the signal from the intended device, or the remote has the same security code as another device (a 1 in 64K chance of that happening). That's why my first suspect is a MS10A being triggered during the install process.

You can open your "*.ahx" file into notepad and search for your security devices to see what codes they have. You will see something like this for each device:

<mod id="2000077" type="SH624" t="Main" code="F16" lifestyle="0" room="Security" securitycode="31347"...

If all else fails, you can remove the remote's batteries for about 10 seconds so it will generate a new code.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:08:16 AM »

...or you can watch the Activity Monitor as you press the DisArm button on each remote.  If you get only one, that's the one that is installed. 

Or you can delete them (it) from AHP, and "Empty Deleted Modules", then reinstall them.

I have 4 KR10A's and 2 SH624's installed.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.