Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone modded a ds7000 to provide discrete zone outputs?  (Read 9655 times)

3_jeeps

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Anyone modded a ds7000 to provide discrete zone outputs?
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:31:29 AM »

Just thought I'd post this to see if anybody has done the following:
I need to get the zone indicator leds converted to either a dry contact or a ttl level signal.  I can think of 2-3 ways to do this but i was wondering if anybody has done this mod and could describe how they did it.
One approach is to attach photo transistors to each LED, coupled with the appropriate logic and signal driver to produce the signals.
Another approach is to open the console and electrically tap into the drive signals of the LEDs, then signal condition the discrete outputs for my needs with the appropriate logic.

One reason I am considering this mod is so I can connect the DS7000 to a 'conventional' alarm box that contains digital inputs for each sensor.  Alarm monitoring companies want to be able to tell you what sensor was tripped in order to send the appropriate service, e.g. fire, police, etc.  Getting only a alarm tripped signal from the lamp module is 'not good enough'....
The other reason I'd like the discrete zone indication is so my linux box that monitors the ds7000 could srecognize what specific alarm sensor tripped, and then email and text message me what alarm tripped.
Any suggestions/insight is appreciated.
-J

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Anyone modded a ds7000 to provide discrete zone outputs?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:44:19 AM »

You could construct a macro with OnAlert to send a text message for the specific zone, either with the E-Mail notification (Built into OnAlert), or with a command line using VBS.  There must be something similar using linux.  But then you are talking about a mod to an alarm box so I guess this won't be of any help. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:46:53 PM by JMac »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Anyone modded a ds7000 to provide discrete zone outputs?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »

3_jeeps: I have replaced the ARMed LED with a optocoupler for the purpose of extending this indicator for visual verification outside. The circuit I made is posted at the link below; maybe it can be used for the Zone LEDs as well, to give you external signals.

[MOD] DS7000 Protector Plus ARMED LED Extension

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.