Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Honeywell / Ademco Lynx Wireless Security System  (Read 10834 times)

EHZ

Honeywell / Ademco Lynx Wireless Security System
« on: October 06, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »

Hello - I am new to this forum and have noticed that this particular system was mentioned in previous posts. Would anyone happen to know if the X-10 powerhorns on sale at http://www.x10.com/products/ph508_ed_3f1.html are compatible with the Honeywell Lynx System? I know this system supports X-10 and was curious if the right X-10 instructions are sent. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Honeywell / Ademco Lynx Wireless Security System
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 06:59:42 AM »

The PH508 devices are triggered by a series of on and off X10 signals sent in a 1 second cycle. Either to the Address it is set to {House/Unit Code} or an All Lights On; All Light Off [All Units Off also works] to the House Code it is set to.
The sound triggers about 4 seconds after the cycle starts and continues until the cycle stops or 4 minutes elapses.
I don't know if the unit you are trying to use can do this. Maybe someone with one can add information for you.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 12:17:21 AM »

I have recommend this system to numerous friends and I've been told by the Home Security Store that it is it does or can be programed to send a serious of All Lights On All Lights Off commands when an alarm is triggered call the HSS to confirm this.

Tom j.

EHZ

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »

First, thank you for the recommendations and assistance to my previous questions. I have purchased and installed this system but have a few issues I'd like to get resolved. I am complete newbie so it took a little while to even get the point I am now with it. If anyone has knowledge of this particular system and would be able to help with any of the issues below, that would be greatly appreciated. Here are a list of issues I have outstanding:

1.   Programming the motion detector

I have tested and switched the jumper to make sure it actually works and then changed it back, however, it does not seem sensitive at all with detecting motion or heat. I am not sure if it’s because of the settings I have it on. I understand there is a delay between the detection and having it go off again, but the issue appears to be more than that.  I have it on the correct zone (without entry delay).

2.   Ultras small window transmitter issue

I think I had this programmed in correctly, however, it always stays in ‘fault’ status’ I have tried shifting the placement of the magnet and even taking it off to stop it from going into ‘fault’ status, but that does not seem to work. It does not even seem to pickup in chime mode anymore. I had them on a table next to each other and moved them around quite a bit to try to get them not to ‘fault.’

3.   Overriding fault status

Let’s say the system doesn’t arm because a transmitter is in ‘fault’ status. Is there anyway to override this without having to actually go to the location of the transmitter and trying to move it? For instance, sometimes this happens to be front door even though it is closed, but I have to mess with it to disable that status. The problem is the console is in my lower level, so I have to run up and down a set of stairs to make this happen.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.