Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DUAL MOTION FLOOD LIGHT  (Read 4958 times)

SLLIMBRI

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DUAL MOTION FLOOD LIGHT
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:59:54 AM »

I'm at my wits end. This is my third flood light in a year. This light never turns off. I have tried the reset no less than 10 times. the lights are always on.

I remember seeing something about which bulbs to use but i don't remember the specifics. could this be my problem? Do I need to get a mini controller to turn them off?

I have the light connected to a normal light switch that i use to turn it off now. Also, I thought the first unit i had had the sensor on a horizontal post. Now this one is on an angle post that aims the sensor down. the range doesn't seem to be as good with this unit.

It is sending a signal to my alarm in the house because i can hear it go off. I just can't get those darn lights to turn off.

Any suggestions? ???

joshz

Re: DUAL MOTION FLOOD LIGHT
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 01:32:29 AM »

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your floodlight? I'm having a similar problem to yours. However, my floodlight will shut itself off sometimes, only to turn itself back on shortly afterwards with no motion detected. Really weird problem.

SLLIMBRI

Re: DUAL MOTION FLOOD LIGHT
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »

I never was able to fix the x10 light. What I did was go to Home Depot and buy a motion light detector. Then I added it to my x10 light by disconnecting the wires to the lights and connecting the new detector. I wish x10 sold the detector only but I have never seen it. I think the concept of x10 is great but the quality is poor. I have several non x10 motion lights that work flawlessly all the time. But my x10 security system is very flakey, even when the sun shines on it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.