Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: Issues with additional cord Nightwatch BW 60 FT Cord  (Read 12117 times)

famleon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Issues with additional cord Nightwatch BW 60 FT Cord
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:10:49 AM »

I just purchased 8 cameras, and I need to do additional cord for each one of them, I purchased phone jack terminals RJ12 (3 pairs) and the cable is the same, cat5, and I review the wiring to have the same order and still I am not able to make it work, to connect the additional cable to the camera I am using a 3 pair connector (purchased in Radio Shack) and if I connect the camera directly, Itr works, but if I use the cable does no work, Any feedback will be welcome. Thanks

famleon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Issues with additional cord Nightwatch BW 60 FT Cord
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »

BTW, the wireless solution is not an option (the distance and the wireless system around will interfere with the system, need to be wired. thanks 

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »

This thread should help you: Extend wire on hard wired camera

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 174
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 05:20:31 AM »

..... I purchased phone jack terminals RJ12 (3 pairs) and the cable is the same, cat5, and I review the wiring to have the same order and still I am not able to make it work.....

Puck gave you a great link there!

If you've never made your own extentions before... it may take a little trial and error practice... but it does work. Many of us have extented our cameras.. me included.
New ideas for marketing Smarthomes may alter the Home Automation world completely.... and forever.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.