Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Icon Remote does not work with latest Direct TV HR22, any testing?  (Read 24325 times)

damiansnpvp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I'm really bummed because my X10 Icon Remote works with all my remotes except the most important the latest Direct TV HR22 & its Remote RC64R.   The X10 Icon Remote says it learns successful from the RC64R remote, but it is lying, the buttons do not work. 
Nobody has addressed the real problem, is it certain models of Direct TV box's or is it their remotes?  I read on this site someone was able to get their HR20 & its remote RC32 to work with X10 Icon Remote.  This makes me think, is the RC32 remote interchangeable with the RC64R & if so could I use the RC32 to work with X10 Icon remote? or is it Direct TV box that is the problem?  This does not make any sense, the signal is a IR signal, so it should work, especially when X10 Icon Remote says successful, but it is not.  I do not understand this, how can IR signal not speak to a IR signal or receiver? 

Help me please,
JD

damiansnpvp

Re: X10 Icon Remote does not work with latest Direct TV HR22, any testing?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 09:02:49 AM »

Another thought, I saw this post & was wondering if converted to RF see below, would that maybe work with Direct TV HR22, the HR22 has a selection to change to RF.  I can't figure out why I have to speculate different ideas, I'm getting so upset because X10 did not make it work with HR22's & probably 21's.

X10 IR code for use with the IR543 is 0998.
It still has the RF code of 0999.  Just not the RF transmitter.  Adding the 3-pin RF daughter board makes it a full functioning X10 RF remote.

damiansnpvp

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 07:06:22 PM »

Ok I may be on to something to get all Direct TV boxes to work.  We keep talking about X10 Icon Remote does not work with my Direct TV box & you hear others that say it works on theirs.  I called X10 support & they pretty much told me the same thing it works on some, but not all.   We now no that the older boxes it works on like the HR20, but the newer HR22 & maybe 21 series it does not.  After bbrick post on success with Direct TV HR20 he mentions the remote model number RC32 & a light came on, It is not the Direct TV boxes it is the type of remote you have.  The reason HR20 works is because the remote that came with it is RC32 & the reason the newer model HR22 does not work is because they changed their model number to RC64 & Rc64R .  I know this because I tested both with X10 Icon remote & it does not work.  The good news is after speaking with Direct TV support they told me that the RC32 remote will work on new model boxes HR22, guessing same with HR21 & HR21 Pro.  She also mentioned that besides the RC32, the RC23 & 24 will also work, but I was only inquiring the remotes that work with HR22, the HR21 may be the same.  The big question is if I purchase Direct TV's RC32 remote & program it to my HR22 box, will the RC32 transmit IR signal that will work with X10 Icon Remote, since the RC32 works with X10 Icon Remote, My best guess is it will.  This is the big question " Is the problem with the remotes, or the boxes?"

I will let you know when I get this remote
RC32 & try it out. 

To make this quicker, does anyone have a RC32 remote & a newer box? If so let me know

bbrick

damiansnpvp

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »

Has anyone hooked up the Direct TV remote RC32 to a newer HR box, lets say HR21, HR21 Pro or HR22 ? If so, this could possible wrap up this mess with Direct TV & X10 Icon Remote.  I have one ordered, so I should get it in a few days.  Please reply if you already have this hooked up. 

Thanks,
JD

damiansnpvp

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 02:08:00 AM »

Crap, Crap, Crap!  I really thought I was on to something, I thought it might of been the remotes, but it is not.  I just tried the RC32 remote on a newer Direct TV box HR22 & it does not work.  So box, is the problem.  They lie when they say, this is the last remote I will ever buy"  I can't even get it to be my first!  This is false advertisement & I want some answers on why this does not work.  I read on this forum that it may be possible to convert the X10 to RF by adding something, that will be my only hope.

I'm really bummed, I love this remote, but if the main device does not work, the remote is useless.

JD :-X

morlee

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 01:04:49 AM »

I have the same problem but I have some additional info. I have 2 HR20 Directv HD-DVRs and one HR10. The remotes for these units are interchangeable. I also have two apparently different versions of the Icon remote. Although I can find no difference in markings and I ordered the same unit, albeit at different times, one unit has a USB port and the other does not. The unit with the USB port controls the Directv units with the preprogrammed settings. The unit without the USB port shows the same behavior you describe. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two units and why those differences exist? ??? Also, how can I get a new or replacement unit with the USB port to be able to resolve this issue?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 06:13:54 AM »

I believe the USB port ones maybe the earlier ones. I has a preproduction Icon and it has the USB. The later unit has no USB port.
Now that doesn't mean that maybe the latest revision ones again have them.
Can you compair the Date Code Stickers on them. Mine has the small round Date Code Sticker on the battery compartment part of the circuit board.
Also you maybe able to compair the Firmware Version. Mine is shown on the first Help Screen accessed by the '?' on the main screen.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:12:11 AM by Brian H »

morlee

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 07:11:57 PM »

Brian,

I examined both Icon remotes. The one with the USB port (which does work with the Directv HR22s) shows Rev. S-3/22/07-2 on the help screen and has a sticker with number 07C13 on the circuit board and a sticker with XT031 on the case. The remote without the USB port has MUSANUSSNDU2-11/22/07-1 on the help screen, 08C11 on the circuit board, and XT032A on the case. From these numbers, it appears that the older unit is indeed the USB unit, however it is strange to me that the older unit works with the newer Directv unit. Is there any way to resolve this issue since we obviously will not be able to get retro remotes? Is there a newer version yet that will work?

madams93

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »

I tried to program my icon remote to work everything and it was able to except for my Direct TV receiver. However I have a RC23 remote and when I used the learn function it was programable. However, I noticed that I had to program more then one button in order for my receiver to respond. Don't know why. (I tried to program the power button first with learn and it didn't work, but I went ahead anyways with the other buttons and once I was done everything worked fine.) Don't know what exactly happened but this seemed to be a pretty simple fix. I did have to go back and reprogram my DVD player but I don't know if that was because of something I did accidentally or if it was a side affect of the learning. Either way it was the only thing I had to reprogram (and it was quick). Anybody know why it didn't work when I programmed the first button but it did after I programmed the rest?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.