Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: pure China made junk  (Read 25755 times)

nacho32

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
pure China made junk
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:45:40 PM »

pure China made junk used for a month then Va11A video adapter fried.
Support is horrible. Pure junk

mushroomeater

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: pure China made junk
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »

well, what can you expect... you can expect the lowest quality of products and services from China. even foods made in china are not even edible

crowntown

• Helpful Post Rating: -5
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 01:06:44 PM »

That's not true.  You get what you pay for.  Chinese factories are able to produce very low cost items.  The same camera would cost 4x as much if it was made in the USA. 

Chinese manufacturers are obviously capable of producing extremely high quality items if you aren't looking for the lowest cost.  Their facilities are the most modern in the world.  The computer you're using to read this is likely built either in China, or with mostly chinese made parts.  Ipods and Iphones are made in China.  Most cellphones, car stereos, and other consumer electronics are made in China.  I doubt anyone could say there aren't some very high quality products in those lines.

I buy many electronic products straight from HK/China distributors.  Shipping from HK is almost as quick as shipping across the states.  I have never been disappointed.  The quality of customer service exceeds anything I've received from fellow Americans.  As far as foods go, we've had quite a few of our own contamination problems too.

It's hubris like yours that's caused Americans to rest on their laurels while the rest of the world moves forward.  The biggest airports, public works, dams, highways, bridges, buildings, etc aren't being built in America but rather places like China and Dubai. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »

.............  It's hubris like yours that's caused Americans to rest on their laurels while the rest of the world moves forward. The biggest airports, public works, dams, highways, bridges, buildings, etc aren't being built in America but rather places like China and Dubai. 

Hubris: NOUN Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance

crowntown, most of us Americans are are full of self-disdain as we work our laurels to the bone... while moving the rest of the world forward.. at our own expense. When America was in it's industrial youth... we also concerned ourselves with proving our superior abilities by building aggressive public works.... hummm maybe it was THEN that we were hubris.

We all have our faults... individuals as well as nations and cultures. Let us not give into name calling (it's against the forum rules).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 06:21:52 PM »

I wouldn't place the blame for poor products on China.  It's that many companies who decide to have their products manufactured in China don't want to add the expense of quality inspections at multiple stages of the product build.  The product cost may be too low to even justify re-work.  If the product does not pass in final test, it may simply be thrown out.  The result of this is that there are no metrics that could be used to improve the design or process.

It's probably also safe to say that FMECA was not used during the design process.  But that's where the quality of a product starts-- at the feasibility and design stages.

So the quality of a product rests primarily with the company contracting the work, who decides how good product manufacturing practices should be verified.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:38:03 PM by Alan V »

dellzip

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 06:59:17 PM »

Are they all that good??

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »

Are they all that good??

When I started out with the cameras... I also bought a couple from local sources... as well as X10. Last spring a lighting strike forced me to rebuild my camera setup. So with the knowledge gained from experience... I once again built a setup of both X10... and non-X10 cameras.

The X10 cameras are tough dependable little workhorses that intergrate into my home automation setup every easily!

But I also like having a big-honking IR (they glow pinkish at night) that's easy for potential bad guys to spot. Cameras are a great deterrent.. but only if they are seen. Something else I did [differently] this time... I put a (non-X10) wired IR camera on a Ninja. Now I can scan [even the darkest corners of] my yard.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:48:06 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.