Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Continuous chime?  (Read 3121 times)

k9af

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Continuous chime?
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:11:48 PM »

Is there a way to use a SC546a module (or any other one) to produce a CONTINUOUS chime when a switch is closed at a remote location, then stop when the switch is opened?  Many thanks

Jerry

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Continuous chime?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »

No there is no way to get a continuous chime from the SC546.
The UM506 Universal Module has a beeper in it that can be set to sound when an X10 on signal is sent and to stop beeping when an X10 Off is sent. The UM506 also has a set of low voltage contacts that could be wired to a external sounder with its own power source.

A switch in a remote location? How remote from the place where the sound is needed?  More data needed. To see if what you want can be done with X10 power line control.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 04:40:46 PM by Brian H »

k9af

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 05:51:07 PM »

Brian:
Thanks for the reply.  Here is what I need to do:
I want a magnetic door switch on the door to my garage that is attached to a X10 module that will send a signal inside my house (on same electrical circuit) and will give me a CONTINUOUS chime, or other AUDIO indication that the garage door is OPEN, stopping when the door is shut.  Any suggestions?

Jerry

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 06:10:53 PM »

A Powerflash module to send the signal with a magnetic switch that closes when the magnet is moved away from the switch
The Universal Module can receive the X10 On signal. With the sounder set to on and in continuous mode.
If the internal sounder is not loud enough. You could wire an added external sounder to the switched contacts the Universal Module also has.

Powerflash module PF284 or X10Pro PSC01. Input Mode B; Output Mode 3
Magnetic switch wired to the Input Terminals.

Universal Module UM506 or X10Pro PUM01.  Operating Mode Continuous; Sounder Only or if you want to also hear the switch click Sounder & Relay.

Both the Powerflash and Universal Module set to the same House Code/Unit Code of you choice.

If you want to look at the instruction sheets for the PUM01 and PSC01 they are on the X10Pro web site. For some reason the X10 support site only has the UM506 if memory serves me.
http://www.x10pro.com/
Click on the installation instructions tab on the left side of the screen.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:24:14 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.