Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TM751 with Harmony One remote  (Read 13567 times)

jmrock

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
TM751 with Harmony One remote
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »

Just wondering if the TM751 transceiver works with the Harmony One remote. I set the X10 as a device in the remote but cannot get the transceiver to work.  Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: TM751 with Harmony One remote
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »

Does the Harmony One send RF signals or just IR? I have the 880, and it just sends IR, I thought that the only ones that did RF was the 1000 and the 890

*edit* I just looked it up, and no the ONE does not support RF, you may want to get you an IR543 like I did, which converts the IR into X-10 signals.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:24:26 PM by idbl_fanatic »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 12:17:35 AM »

Just wondering if the TM751 transceiver works with the Harmony One remote. I set the X10 as a device in the remote but cannot get the transceiver to work.  Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.

I use the 668 and I use the IR543 to convert the remote IR, to X10 to a PLC. Works great in my theater.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:14:19 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 12:36:25 AM »

I use the 668 and I use the IR543 to convert the remote IR, to X10 to a PLC. Works great in my theater.

Yup, me too, I control EVERYTHING with my 880, Fan, porch lights, family room living room, daughters bedroom, kitchen, X-mas lights (when it comes around), when I push "Watch DVD" it switches everything over to the DVD, and shuts off all the lights. When I push Pause on the 880, it turns the family room lights back on.

When we go to bed at night, and I turn the TV off, it shuts everything off, fan, family room lights, living room lights, etc.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:14:46 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

jmrock

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »

I just purchased the IR543 controller and cannot get it to work with the TM751 transceiver which is plugged in the wall and I have a halogen floor lamp plugged into the transceiver.  I set up the house codes to the same letter on both the transceiver and IR543, but nothing happens.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?  Once I get it working, then I'll worry about controlling the light from the Harmony remote.

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:46:50 PM »

I just purchased the IR543 controller and cannot get it to work with the TM751 transceiver which is plugged in the wall and I have a halogen floor lamp plugged into the transceiver. I set up the house codes to the same letter on both the transceiver and IR543, but nothing happens. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Once I get it working, then I'll worry about controlling the light from the Harmony remote.

This may be a silly question. But When  you press the  unit code on the Ir543 do you press the on button after? I only ask because I had this problem when I first got my IR543 and it was beacuse I was'nt pressing the On key on the IR543 after I pressed the unit code. It was complete user error on my part. I now HAve my harmony remote set up that way.. where it sends the unit code the the on command and now everything works great!
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 12:10:47 AM »

I just purchased the IR543 controller and cannot get it to work with the TM751 transceiver which is plugged in the wall and I have a halogen floor lamp plugged into the transceiver.  I set up the house codes to the same letter on both the transceiver and IR543, but nothing happens.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?  Once I get it working, then I'll worry about controlling the light from the Harmony remote.

The IR543 sends X10 commands on the power line, while the TM751 only receives X10 commands that are sent by "RF" (radio).

To quote X10:
"The IR543 receives X10 IR codes and retransmits them over you existing house wiring to be received by X10 modules."
and...
"The wireless transceiver module (TM751) is an integral part of your home control system.  It takes radio frequency commands from X10 remote controls and wireless motion sensors and converts them to X10 signals carried over household wiring."

The "cheap" solution would be to replace the TM751 with an X10 Appliance Module which would receive the power line signal generated by the IR543.

Just a few bread crumbs to help you through the X10 maze.   ;)

Just watch out, once things start working X10 can become an addiction!   :'

>!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:16:49 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »

The TM751 does not have a power line receiver and as Bill said. Can not be controlled by any X10 controller that sends line signals. Including the IR543.

jmrock

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 07:10:53 AM »

Should I use an X10 appliance module or a lamp module?  Thanks for everyone's help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »

Either an appliance module or lamp module will respond to the X10 address it is set to.
The choice depends on what you want to control. What do you want to control? Lamps work with both just no dimming with appliance modules.
Low voltage lights; inductive loads; CFL type bulbs should be on an appliance module.
What do you plan to control?

electricheaters

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 08:18:47 AM »

Hi all, I am interested in adding lighting automation to my living room. I want to start small, so I was thinking I would just get 1 dimmer switch for now and possibly expand later if I get this working.
So what do I need to get started?  From browsing other threads, I know I need the IR543 controller to accept signals from my Harmony remote, and the light switch itself (was thinking either a Leviton dimmer, or an Insteon dimmer set to X10).
Do I need anything else? Like a "receiver module" or something? Or will I be good to go with just the IR543 controller and the switch itself?
Your feedback is much appreciated! Thanks!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 09:18:14 AM »

The IR543 can take the IR commands from the Harmony and put them on the power line. The switch can respond to the commands.
So for your small start. That is all you should need.

A few things to check.
What type of lights are you going to control?

Do you have a neutral power wire in the switch box? I can't say about the typical Leviton, but do know the Insteon and it slightly less expensive Icon cousin. Do need a Neutral wire to work.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »

Do I need anything else? Like a "receiver module" or something? Or will I be good to go with just the IR543 controller and the switch itself?

Brian H is correct: for your small start. That is all you should need.

I use a Harmony (an older one) remote and a IR543 in my Home Theater myself. It/they work great. I started out with an RCA Gift Pack. I told my wife when I ordered it.. "It would be all the X10 devices I would ever need". When it arrived... and I figured out what did what... I ordered a TM751 transceiver. Later I bought a package deal that included two of the IR543's.

I am now sold on the package deals... and I think I save money by buys the deals. If nothing else... I don't pay shipping. Sign up for the X10 newsletter (almost daily deals).

P.S. My wife forgave me. She knows I didn't lie... I was just mistaken.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.