Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Icon Remote and Blue ray  (Read 13394 times)

rhea

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Icon Remote and Blue ray
« on: October 21, 2008, 03:52:49 PM »

Having problem setting up my Icon remote to work on my Samsung Blue Ray....In Learn Mode it does not pick up the code to operate the Power... and there is no Icon on the remote for Blue Ray... using DVD  doesn't work..
 Any ideas?
 I have 2 Icon remotes.. one works fine with Dish Network Sat. box. all my other audio (DVD, Amp, ) works nice with X10 units(lights)   but as I got another one for the other TV wit Blue Ray I guess I am stuck......
 Thanx in advance , Rhea

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Icon Remote and Blue ray
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:56:02 AM »

Yea, I think you are right.

It supports formerly competing HD DVD players, but not Blu-Ray.   rofl
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

rtwPhoenix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 10:18:05 AM »

Received this remote in December, the person at the other end of the phone (X-10) told me it would work with BluRay. This was a bunch of crap. So it looks like I wasted my time purchasing. You would think that we could enter codes manually to the buttons to make them work as desired.

jasonhc73

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 12:23:20 AM »

Received this remote in December, the person at the other end of the phone (X-10) told me it would work with BluRay. This was a bunch of crap. So it looks like I wasted my time purchasing. You would think that we could enter codes manually to the buttons to make them work as desired.

I finally discovered how to make it easier to use the blu-ray. I had to reprogram the device again though. Right after you "learn device" you have the chance to change the name of the device. So change the name from DVD to Blu-Ray. So what of the remote doesn't know any of the codes for the Blu-Ray, just learn them all. By the way, I have a HD-DVD also, once I figured out how to change the stupid label for the device, it made using the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray so much easier than having 2 DVD's on the remote!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.