Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems with wireless camera  (Read 7036 times)

Dew

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problems with wireless camera
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »

Has anyone experienced problems with wireless camera transmissions if the camera is mounted to metal fascia under the roof eves?

I had a similar problem with activeeye motion detectors and can't see a wireless camera being an option if it will have a similar problem.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts & experiences.

Dew
Dew

schnurro

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Problems with wireless camera
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 01:18:51 AM »

X10 told me that the Sentinel Pro wireless camera system will not work if you have a metal roof, metal siding, or metal beams.  I was told I could hard wire my camera and use the Active Pro software but the Eagle Eye motion sensor will not work and neither will the remote control.  I didn't know this when I bought the camera until I set it up and was having trouble.  I didn't see anywhere on X10's website when I bought the camera where it said the wireless part would not work if you had a metal roof etc.  One tech support guy said it didn't work if you had stucco either, but another support person on live chat said it would work with stucco walls ... there is stucco wire in a stucco wall.   #:) X10

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problems with wireless camera
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 06:52:19 AM »

Also 2.4 GHz devices like wireless networks and cordless phones can interfere with wireless cameras.
As for metal. It depends on the exact install. Many times it can be a problem.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.