Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stuck Macro?  (Read 2943 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Stuck Macro?
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »

Well when I came home this evening and walked on the porch I noticed my porch lights failed to brighten. I constructed a macro that receives a signal D4 from a Eagle Eye motion detector and if it's dark outside the lights brighten from a relative 65% to 100% for 5 minutes and then dim back to 65% At first I thought maybe the CM15A had gotten pulled out the plug or something but nope it was plugged in as normal. So I said maybe I should just clear the thing and reload the timers and macro's, will that didn't work either so I then tried to just run the macro from the computer and pushed the "Run Macro" button there was a slight hesitation and then the macro was executed the lights brighten and then dimmed as programed I then walked out on the porch to see if the trigger would activate the macro and it actually did! But I'm still left wondering what happen here seems like for a lack of better words it somehow got stuck. So what actually happen here anyone have a clue? was it more likely hardware or a software problem, and has this ever happen to anyone one else. Thanks guys!

Tom j.

hum... ???

Boiler

Re: Stuck Macro?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »

Tom,

Is this a "soft start" unit?  Are you using the LM14a interface within AHP?

If so, you may be getting caught by the "Resume Dim" feature of the soft start switch.

Rather than using relative bright/dim commands (with may drive your repeater nuts), try absolute with the LM14a interface.  Do not use a 100% setting as this will transmit a simple ON command which will activate the resume dim feature.

Macro
Trigger on D1 on and time between XX and XX and Flag XX off
Set Flag XX ON
Delay 1 sec
Set LM14a to 99% (absolute - this will use the extended code protocol)
delay 5 min
Set LM14a to 65% (absolute - this will use the extended code protocol)
Set Flag XX off

It would also be a good idea to add a flag to the above to prevent re-triggering (two macro's will run in parallel and wind up fighting each other)/

Boiler
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:15:25 AM by Boiler »

tom j

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:01:09 PM »

Tom,

Is this a "soft start" unit?  Are you using the LM14a interface within AHP?

If so, you may be getting caught by the "Resume Dim" feature of the soft start switch.

Rather than using relative bright/dim commands (with may drive your repeater nuts), try absolute with the LM14a interface.  Do not use a 100% setting as this will transmit a simple ON command which will activate the resume dim feature.

Macro
Trigger on D1 on and time between XX and XX and Flag XX off
Set Flag XX ON
Delay 1 sec
Set LM14a to 99% (absolute - this will use the extended code protocol)
delay 5 min
Set LM14a to 65% (absolute - this will use the extended code protocol)
Set Flag XX off

It would also be a good idea to add a flag to the above to prevent re-triggering (two macro's will run in parallel and wind up fighting each other)/

Boiler

Hi Boiler thanks for the help! but nope just a plan vanilla Decorator Wall Switch, and I for got to mention I did create a flag just for that purpose but forgot to mention it. Any other ideas seems to be still working as of today.

Tom j.

Boiler

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 02:27:28 AM »

Tom,

We'll switch gears to the "old" WS12a.

Since initially you did not see your lamp brighten or dim (after the 5 minute period) you may have had a power upset that left your flag enabled.  This would prevent activating the macro when you walked up.

When you manually activated the macro, it would bypass the conditions and, at the end, reset the flag.

The next time this occurs, check your activity monitor to see whether the macro tried to execute.  If it doesn't, it might be due to a flag problem.  If it executes, but doesn't activate the lamp, it's most likely noise.

Rather that using a "relative brighten to 100%", try using an "absolute 100%".  This should use a simple "ON" command - much faster and easier on your repeater.

Boiler

tom j

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:45:39 AM »

Tom,

We'll switch gears to the "old" WS12a.

Since initially you did not see your lamp brighten or dim (after the 5 minute period) you may have had a power upset that left your flag enabled.  This would prevent activating the macro when you walked up.

When you manually activated the macro, it would bypass the conditions and, at the end, reset the flag.

The next time this occurs, check your activity monitor to see whether the macro tried to execute.  If it doesn't, it might be due to a flag problem.  If it executes, but doesn't activate the lamp, it's most likely noise.

Rather that using a "relative brighten to 100%", try using an "absolute 100%".  This should use a simple "ON" command - much faster and easier on your repeater.

Boiler

Oops I actually did have it set up as absolute think you suggested that when I was first configuring this macro and having problems, seems to be working OK now but still a little confused as to what happen. Concerning the power I have batteries in the CM151 and when I entered the house all my timers were working.

Tom j.
 :(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.