Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: House code questions  (Read 4232 times)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
House code questions
« on: October 24, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »

Ok, so all of my modules are on house code "C" I am almost out of addresses, can I add like house code "G" for my garage and use both at the same time? I know there is something about "monitored house codes" but I couldn't find anything about this in the help file.

Thanks

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: House code questions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:32:52 PM »

Hi idbl_fanatic.
the simple answer is yes, any HC is available to use and setup in all your macros and timers to work together, on one system I am using so far 7 HC, they do say to stay away from A and M and for sum P. These are the basic of X10 spelled out here http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/X10_Basics, all the info here at the X10 wiki Kbase and this Forum help me out to better understand basics of x10. Trial and error has worked very well for me too, just don't forget to save before the next step.

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 02:31:03 PM »

Hi idbl_fanatic.
the simple answer is yes, any HC is available to use and setup in all your macros and timers to work together, on one system I am using so far 7 HC, they do say to stay away from A and M and for sum P. These are the basic of X10 spelled out here http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/X10_Basics, all the info here at the X10 wiki Kbase and this Forum help me out to better understand basics of x10. Trial and error has worked very well for me too, just don't forget to save before the next step.

Ok cool...................next question, I have a universal remote set up to work through my IR543 (which is set to HC "C") in the settings of the universal remote, I have the options to switch house codes, and then also just like Light 1, 2, 3, etc.

So would I set it up so that it would switch to House G then Light 1 to turn on Module G1? will that work through the IR543?

PS, the remote is a Harmony 880

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:24:45 PM »

The IR543 only does one house code.The one the dial is set to. I have seen a modified one for sale that does all 16 House Codes.
I guess you could also use one of the addresses the IR543 does to trigger a macro to do other things.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »

Dumb question from a long-time X10 user.  I have used housecode A for main lamp/appliance modules on the main floor of my house with no problems whatsoever from the CP290 days to AHP.  Why the "prohibition" in your post? 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »

Dumb question from a long-time X10 user.  I have used housecode A for main lamp/appliance modules on the main floor of my house with no problems whatsoever from the CP290 days to AHP.  Why the "prohibition" in your post? 

???
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 12:59:27 AM »

House code A is the house code that most X10 devices without code wheels default to when they lose their settings.  This can be a problem or a "feature" depending on how you set up your system.  This applies to most all of the (non-security) motion detectors, keychain transmitters and stick-a-switches.

House code M is the house code that most X10 devices with code wheels will "default" to when the house code wheel isn't making contact with the board anymore.

House code P is mostly okay as I recall except that a "P1 On" (again as I recall) is sent when the CM15A is powered up.

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 10:43:50 AM »

..."P1 On" (again as I recall) is sent when the CM15A is powered up.

P16  ;)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 09:10:14 PM »

..."P1 On" (again as I recall) is sent when the CM15A is powered up.

P16  ;)

Oh, yeah, that was it!  P16!   :'
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 09:35:18 PM »

Both the XTB-II and IIR send a P "Status ON" when they power up.  That should not effect any modules.

They also use the P housecode for mode programming.  However, that can be changed to any other housecode in the IIR to avoid conflicts with existing modules.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.