Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to start?  (Read 1848 times)

brianlu

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How to start?
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:39:16 AM »

I am definitely a newbie here, I have seen some videos in youtube and it is really fun to use your computer to control your home appliance. I want to play with that. So, Is there any tutorial here for a newbie like me to start with. I think I am gonna love this things.
ps,I am familiar with computer programming, but not with hardware. Please tell me what kind of hardware should I bought or any other details.
So, please enlighten me.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: How to start?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:21:42 AM »

brianlu, Welcome to the forum!
Tell us what youtube vids you are looking at and exactly what you want to do.  The tutorial will start here and be authored by all the volunteers that frequent the forum.
Most of us use the x-10 CM15a and the included Active Home Pro software as a stepping off point to computer home automation.  From there, you can pick up on some great 3rd party software written by the members that allow you to do things such as : voice control, I-phone/I-touch control, webpage control and the like.  There is a whole thread that can be found on 3rd party add-ons.
Tell us what you want to do, and someone will be able to point you in the right direction

PS- no need to post twice, we'll all get the message
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.