Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re-Writing AHX - Adding 2nd CM15 - Advice needed please.  (Read 8789 times)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Re-Writing AHX - Adding 2nd CM15 - Advice needed please.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »

1. Wouldn't NOT transceiving any housecode on the CM15 do the same thing?

No.

2. Now you can't send RF from one CM15 to the other.

Correct. I don't have my set up based on that mode of intercommunication.

3. So you have no Security Sensors installed as their own modules (no way for their RF to get to AHP)- you'd have to use phantoms, and you wouldn't be able to use their "state" as a condition.

Correct. On one CM15A I have them set to the monitored house code; so I can use their state as a macro condition.

4. OnAlert plug-in would only allow you to ARM the DS7000, and once AHP showed ARMED, no DisArm signal (RF) would ever get to AHP.

I only use the OnAlert plug in for one purpose... to send an ARM signal remotely to my DS7000.

As I stated in another thread, my security remote signals do get transceived by the V572RF32.

Sending RF cuts down on PLC storms.

Outside of the V572RF32's occasional self-generated A1 or A11 PLC storm, I have no issue with PLC storms due to this method of intercommunication. With all the DS10As & M16As I have installed, I choose the PLC intercommunication route because of the polite equipment; RF is not polite and more often then not just the hourly check-in RF signals of the DS10As cause other RF signals to be interfered with. With PLC signals I have no interfence when I send one.

How do you assign HC or UC to the V572, software or dipswitch?

Software allows you to set & store the configuration. You can go to their website and download the software to see it.

I disabled my RF Receiver circuits in both CM15As
Sorry Puck, is that a physical disable (grey wire antenna inside) of the RF Receiver in the CM15A, or just in setting.

I disable it completely using a disable input on the RF Receiver IC. I have this connected through a switch so I can enable it for tests.

P.S. The new ICON Remote does not have a touch screen.

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 01:03:44 PM »

You folks are something else. God only know where I would be today if it wasn't for this place. IMO X10 would be a different place without people like yourself helping newbies like myself to hang on and go for the ride and never had to look back.
                                                                                                         :)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)%
A round of Thanks to all.
BaBaLou.

now where is Jeff.... ::)

BaBaLou.

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »

Update:
     The V572RF32 arrived, had to install a serial port on the computer and downloaded the software on XP system, crashed on the lap Vista. Unplugged all TM751s, assigned ,all security sensors as appliance modules (past thread). System is still laid out in a test site in the corner of the basement.
     Without a doubt the V572RF32 was very easy to setup including the great ability to assign a new HC/UC to any security sensors as well as Active eye sensors. It delivered as promised and blew the RF range to never never land. I have just today set it up and still looking for any problems it may cause in my scenario.
     Still have other issues with coupling and strength in the PLC signal but the XTB-IIR should take care of most of that. Unit is on order, soon to arrive. CFLs and other filtering is still being tested and they may and even maybe not be an issue, Jeff did share a few neat MODs and Ideas to help me with that obstacle if it does occur.

BaBaLou.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 11:32:05 AM »

BaBaLou - I removed my motion sensors from the V572.  I'd rather be able to just exclude them, but it seems that if you Capture a device, you cannot exclude that address - but my point is/was there was just too much RF coming from the motion sensors.  Under constant motion the MS10A's seem to transmit every few seconds, even though not registering with AHP, the transceived PLCs were way too many.  Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's my repeaters.

If you would please, capture an MS10A and transceive it's RF to some PLC.  Then position the MS10 in your office so that it picks up your motion as you surf the web, (or whatever).  Let me know how much PLC traffic (from the V572) you get in relation to the RF captured by the CM15A.

Thanks!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

BaBaLou.

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 11:11:15 PM »

PajamaGuy, will try a test later in the week, will also try it by the weekend with hopfully the XTB and do a comparison. I do have the intention to completely disconnect the RF receiver from the CM15. So far the V752 is noticeably picking up all RF and PLC and isn't missing a beat.

I do have 3 MS10s working well at the business. Constant motion all day, walking and sitting. The Activity reports its normal trigger every 45 sec or so, there is a also an Active eye picking up motion at an open door and setting of a chime with every motion. Non of those activities seem to storm each other and all do their jobs 99% of the time. 100% at night. It does make for a long Activity Monitor list, each day averages about 8000 lines. Have mine set to 50,000. no problems there so far. All this with no V752 thou, no need for any mod to the business location.
BaBaLou.

BaBaLou.

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »

PajamaGuy,
Tested one MS10A while sitting at the desktop computer with the CM15 on the other side of the wall facing me. Setup with XTB is layout similar to yours.
The first one shows the RF coming in, being received by the CM15, seen as the line with RF making up a total of 3 lines per on signal or off.

The second shows the same movement at the laptop in the gargage and there is shows the 2 lines per signal.

Those are similar readings to my setup in the business with 2 MS10As in high traffic areas, all seem very normal to me for that kind of movement and never has interfered with any other activities in my setup. Hope that was what you are looking for.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 06:37:53 AM »

BaBaLou - thanks, but I'm looking for MA14A data.  And no big deal.  Your test confirms my MS10 data.

I just about finished re-configuring and documenting my systems.  In order for my  CM15A (Main-PC) to receive MS10A RF from the most distant sensor, I need 2 SR731's.  That causes a lot of RF traffic.  However with my V572 and my XTB, I may be able to eliminate one of them, and use the transceived PLC instead.  My DS7000 intermittently looses contact with some of my DS10A's unless the central SR731 is active.

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

BaBaLou.

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 09:27:54 AM »

PajamaGuy,
Sorry for the mix up, can easily do a test with both the active and eagle eyes. But from what I can see from the Activity Monitor, is about the same per each signal with the MS14A. Just more often since the eagle eyes reset faster than the MS10As.

As for the range, I have had so far no problems having the V572 picking up everything in the house as well at outside my house. Remotes and such have nothing less than 100 ft. of range. So far there are 5 active eyes, 3 eagles, 4 MS10A plus 9 DS10As. All come in nicely and non so far have stepped on each other and there has been not one missed action so far by any light or sensor. Still don't have the DS7000 installed yet, just letting the AHP take care of that so far.
I think from my point, using the SR731 is only going to give you more problems. You already have the XTB repeater and with the range of the V572 you shouldn't be going wrong with that only.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.