Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: help  (Read 4742 times)

x2mama

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
help
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:10:51 AM »

I have windows vista now. I tried to log on to X10 and it did the normal of asking me to install ActiveX and I did and it says it is installed but I still have a black screen. What do I need to do ?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:12:35 PM »

Can you give us more details. Like is this a software problem or are you having trouble getting on the X10 sales web site?

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:12:09 AM »

If you're using IE 8, you'll have a problem.  With IE 7, and Vista, you have to run IE "As Administrator", and/or play with the UAC to get it to work. 

But, MyHouse is flaky anyhow.  I hardly ever even try it anymore.  I use LogMeIn (free) and it gives me full remote control of the PC - just like you're sitting there.  (The video is a tad better with MyHouse, but LogMeIn is acceptable)

And if you're blocked from the LogMeIn.com site, get the LogMeIn Ignition application and run it from a thumb drive.  Searching for coupons should result in being able to get the Ignition licence for $19.95/yr.  and it's way worth it!.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:20:10 AM »

...But, MyHouse is flaky anyhow.  I hardly ever even try it anymore.  I use LogMeIn (free) and it gives me full remote control of the PC - just like you're sitting there.  (The video is a tad better with MyHouse, but LogMeIn is acceptable)...
I agree, however, I think its more of an X10 server issue than a problem with the actual MyHouse program. I haven't gone back to MyHouse since starting using the free version of LogMeIn.  I've actually found more places away from home that allow me to use LogMeIn than allow me to use MyHouse. Also MyHouse has a nasty was of saving your password when you exit. Not something you want to happen from a public computer.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.