Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome Pro Update Problems and Solution  (Read 8059 times)

bobakoch

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveHome Pro Update Problems and Solution
« on: November 29, 2008, 10:14:30 AM »

I started out with ActiveHome Pro Version 3.204. After the time change I started AHP and noticed there was a update.
So, I clicked on the update and ended up with ActiveHome Pro Version 3.228.
Well, none of my timers would work right, problem with AM and PM, Off signal sent in PM and On signal sent in AM.
So, I sent an email to X10 explaining the problem. They responded with an email to download a new update.
I downloaded the update for ActiveHome Pro Version 3.236. This update did not solve the problems.
I tried EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING to get the timers to work correctly, with no success.

MY SOLUTION:
I have a removable hard drive I use to clone my main drive. I had not cloned the main drive since updating AHP.
So, I copied the all the files from the directory C:/Program Files/ActiveHome Pro on the removable hard drive to my main drive in that directory.
Now I have ActiveHome Pro Version 3.204 back. I cleared the interface(CM15A), downloaded the timers and all timers work correctly again.

The problem with this software is you do not get the whole program to save and install, it is installed via the internet.
So you can not uninstall the present version and reinstall a previous version. Bad deal !!!!!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: ActiveHome Pro Update Problems and Solution
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »

I have not had any problem with updates to ActiveHome Pro ever, and I started with version 3.187.  I now have 3.228 and every update has been done through AHP.  Everybody who has had problems updating, the source is their computer.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.