Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A  (Read 21176 times)

shadowhywind

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A
« on: November 02, 2008, 04:52:12 PM »

Hay all, I currently have a CM11A connected and working great. I am starting to plan on setting up another x10 system in a different house and am looking at the CM15A. But two questions, is it easy to connect the CM15A up to heyu? and also anyone have any experience with the DS10A door/window sensors, CM15A and heyu? any info would be great. Thanks

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: CM15A
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:51:46 PM »

Hay all, I currently have a CM11A connected and working great. I am starting to plan on setting up another x10 system in a different house and am looking at the CM15A. But two questions, is it easy to connect the CM15A up to heyu? and also anyone have any experience with the DS10A door/window sensors, CM15A and heyu? any info would be great. Thanks

Heyu does not support the CM15A, only the CM11A interface.   Support for the DS10A and other X10 security transmitters in Heyu is via a W800RS32A or RFXCOM RF receiver.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

shadowhywind

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »

dang that is what i thought, was hoping i wouldn't have to pay so much for one of the RF receivers.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »

Of course, if you are using X10 in a different house (and keeping the one you are in now) AHP and the CM15A are priced at $49.00   If the computer in the different house is running Windows instead of Linux, it's perfect.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

shadowhywind

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 08:48:04 PM »

well thats the issue, the other house also has a linux server i was planning on using. Guess I will shop around and see if i can't get the receivers for less then $60.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 06:45:52 AM »

well thats the issue, the other house also has a linux server i was planning on using. Guess I will shop around and see if i can't get the receivers for less then $60.

The W800RF32A receiver module by itself costs $50 + S&H.   You can probably piece together the antenna, coax, power supply, and serial cable from local sources for less than the $25 extra for the complete kit, but I'm not sure the hassle is worth it.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:59:55 AM »

I'm not a Linux user myself but have high praises for it when it can be used. What you can do with AHP and the CM15A so blows away what the CM11A can do that I recommend finding a used XP computer to use as a dedicated home automation computer. I found one with an XP license at a ham feast for $75. You might also try a Windows emulator for Linux to see if that will work for AHP. Anyone out there with Linux tried that?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 11:47:10 AM »

I'm not a Linux user myself but have high praises for it when it can be used. What you can do with AHP and the CM15A so blows away what the CM11A can do that I recommend finding a used XP computer to use as a dedicated home automation computer. I found one with an XP license at a ham feast for $75. You might also try a Windows emulator for Linux to see if that will work for AHP. Anyone out there with Linux tried that?

steven r:
When it works!!!
There's no question that the CM15A has a lot more built-in features than the CM11A.  Unfortunately with AHP they don't always work very well, e.g., limited RF receiving range of unmodified units, marginal compatibility with newer X10 and many Smarthome modules, limited features of  plugins like OnAlert.  And most important, X-10 seems to have little interest in (or no resources for) fixing reported problems.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.