Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Response time  (Read 1806 times)

thejfk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Response time
« on: November 05, 2008, 12:11:09 PM »

I have an eagle eye(A1) and a TM751(A1) in my garage.
I wired the TM751 to one of the two lights built into the garage door opener. Most of the time it provides enough light, without having to turn on the multiple fluorescents.
 I positioned an eagle eye to sense motion at  the door from the kitchen to the garage or the door from outside to the garage. The range and detection zone easily covers both doors.
The problem is the delay from the detection to light on is about 1 second, which is long enough for someone to reach over and turn on the main fluorescent light switch.(I can wait, but it does not meet the WAF)
Do other motion sensors (active eye,etc.) respond any faster? I tried a macro,it's about the same.
 A simple solution is a magnetic door switch and a powerflash unit

Any other ideas?

Also, the door from outside seem to cause a faster response than the door from the kitchen.
Is this because the outside door opens in and pushes toward the eagle eye and the kitchen door pulls away?
Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Response time
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:27:21 PM »

Any other ideas?

I am a huge fan of X10! With that said... I don't think X10 is always the correct solution. I replaced the switch next to the (person) door in the garage with a standard motion sensor that was designed to replace a switch. They work faster than the X10 devices... I can't even get in the garage without the light coming on 1st. It turns on a light in a porcelain fixture in the center of the ceiling. The shop lights I have wired to a switch over by my bench.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.