Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Voice announcements  (Read 3935 times)

thejfk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Voice announcements
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:49:48 PM »

Do you guys have any recommendations for a recordable voice device. Something that could be activated by a motion sensor input to AHP and an X10 signal to start a voice security announcement, like Robodog with voice
I' ve been playing with Tuicemans X10 WAV player(thanks TUICEMAN), but I need the announcement in my yard and driveway and not in my office.
 Is there a way to set up an audio sender with one input(from computer speakers) to wirelessly(or X10) send different messages to different receivers?
In,other words can you set a sender to send all messages and set receivers to only receive correct HC/UCs?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Voice announcements
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »

........ Is there a way to set up an audio sender with one input(from computer speakers) to wirelessly(or X10) send different messages to different receivers?
In,other words can you set a sender to send all messages and set receivers to only receive correct HC/UCs?

You can use audio senders, or videos senders (with audio), or connect (hardwire) amp'ed speakers with the audio wire controlled by universal modules... or the speakers power supplies controlled by ether appliance modules or (if low voltage) even universal modules. Or convert to AM or FM and send that.... options are endless.

I use BVC which is easy to setup and use. The selections are made using dropdown boxes... NO batch file creations. I have a perimeter detection system that includes a Voice Announcement warning... You can see that in my YouTube Video.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:57:46 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

me too

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:57:06 PM »

How about CLAmp.  Command line for winamp.  I used it to set up my own robodog.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »

How about CLAmp.  Command line for winamp.  I used it to set up my own robodog.

Yeah it was the robodog... that inspired me. I've downloaded a barking dog wav file... and setup a robodog through BVC too.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:36:40 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Rocky

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 07:17:55 PM »

I have been using AT&T site to create the sounds..  http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
I like Tuicemen's PcCompanion to play the sounds. (great program)
I use cordless speakers to get the sound where I want it. So far so good.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »

I also use wireless speakers to get the sound from the PC to where it is needed!
I use a Sylvania 900 MHz set which works great and doesn't interfere with the other wireless devices in the house!
One modification I had to make was plugging the receiving speakers power supply into an appliance module as I didn't want all PC sound coming threw them!
In AHP the module is triggered to come on a sec before the sound is played!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.