Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Home Page?  (Read 93063 times)

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: New Home Page?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 08:46:16 PM »

Wow I went on x10.com today and was looking for something and  :o wow a real wedsite

http://www.x10.com/products4/google/home_automation_ps_nox.html

Look how great it looks and how easy it is to find stuff. Is this new or maybe just a old one page left behind from before the  high school kids took over.

If it is new then  #:) X10

:)% :)% If this is going to be the NEW one... It has my Vote !!!!!!!!!!
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

crowntown

• Helpful Post Rating: -5
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 11:25:12 PM »

::)  I highly doubt this forum is a good representation of their customer base.

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 12:02:02 AM »

This forum is a great representation of their repeat customers. and would go as far to say this forum and the people on it is a hugh reason they sale as much as they do.

Its free tech support and more support by these people/customers then you get from x10 themselves.
And also a great place for x10 to get customer feed back.

People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 10:34:52 AM »

I highly doubt this forum is a good representation of their customer base.

I am sure in some if not many regards... many of us here are not the average users... but very likely we are typical users.

Many of us do own more X10 products than I would guess the average customer owns. The regulars here.. also seem to be more concerned about why things work (as they do or don't) than the average user. And whereas the average user does visit the forums here (at least once)... the average user doesn't hang about to help others.

I think like most X10 users... the regulars here are typical. We found X10 on the Internet and after some reading and searching we decided to take a chance. We discovered some of the technologies frustrations and found this forum... [at roughly the same time]. Every regular here... has an addictive or passionate affection for X10 and/or Home Automation. Many of us have purchased some X10 product(s)... just to learn more about them. And most of us have a big box (of some sort) of spare parts.

Our [the regulars here at the forum] setups tend to continue to grow. Some of us have larger than average setups... and like typical X10 users... we enjoy showing off our setups.

And here is the rub: Often guests to my home ask for demonstrations of my Home Automation. It seems word of my "computer controlled house" has spread. And where I do have a true passion for X10... I don't care to have my name associated with Internet images of scanty clad women. The first time I heard myself refer to my Home Automation as using "Smart Home Technology"... it sadden me deeply. I realized at that point I was embarrassed by X10... and that I needed to express that here.

For sometime... X10 has been known for its bathing suit beauty's in its Internet ads. The ad's did set X10 apart from the rest of the crowd... it was hokey.. and almost cute. But some months ago... the advertisements started using "darker" images. We don't know why. And interestingly.... in the same way that my colorblind brother can't see the difference between blue and purple... many can't see the difference in the images X10 is using. And some others can see the difference... and like the new ads.

I don't mean to sound critical of those who like or want the new imagetry X10 has selected. I share my believes with others... not because I think my believes are superior... but because they have brought to me a value and happiness that I willingly share. It is my willingness to share what I have learned... that has caused me to become a regular here at the forum. And I think... it is the same reason why so many of us regulars here... oppose the new darker images.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:37:37 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 11:02:16 PM »

I was just at the X10.com Site.... and noticed it does look much nicer... more like the old days. Thank You X10 picture picker guy (or gal).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 11:05:26 PM »

I've made the mistake of praising this sort of thing before.  In two days, the emails were back to the status quo. I'm not going to hold my breath here. 

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice.....
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 11:24:56 PM »

I've made the mistake of praising this sort of thing before.  In two days, the emails were back to the status quo. I'm not going to hold my breath here. 

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice.....

I have done the same!   B:(

However, in this age of impatience and the need for "instant feedback", I will join in the praise for X10 cleaning up their act!

#:)

Let's hope it sticks!   :)%
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »

...in this age of impatience and the need for "instant feedback", I will join in the praise for X10 cleaning up their act!...
While not the choice of colors I'd make for a web site, I also find the new layout to be much more tasteful. Thanks.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2009, 08:03:21 PM »

I vote "present".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.