Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Home Page?  (Read 92935 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: New Home Page?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 12:10:00 AM »

...[It] probably turns away a lot of potential purchases from females...
It sure isn't the way I'd try to advertise to women.
I'd be curious, however, what percent of their customers are women. Maybe they have abandoned that demographic to focus on sex starved males.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 12:40:06 AM »

I'm a bit surprised X10 management has let it go this far!

The "bikini babes" were no worse than a lot of advertising these days.

The "sexy cop" girl was edging toward the dark side.

The latest group of lingire models cought in the act of removing their thong is something I would expect to see on late night TV ads for phone sex chat lines or "Wildest Bar in America" videos!

Clean it up a bit, would you?

I used to open every X10 email whether I needed anything or not, just to see what deals I might be missing out on.  Now I'm more likely to just delete it unless there is something specific I'm hoping to find a deal on.  This makes it much less likely I'm going to buy something on impulse.  That's better for my wallet, but actually worse for X10!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 09:58:47 AM »

I used to open every X10 email whether I needed anything or not, just to see what deals I might be missing out on.

I use to check out their daily specials while having my first coffee every morning at work. I stopped when they added the auto-running video. When this thread first appeared I looked at the site once and never went back since. I definitely will never go to their site again while at work.

Thanks to X10 marketing, I no longer do impulse buys of stuff because it is on sale. Also, when new posters ask about a certain package and if it will do what they want, I can't help them since it would involve going to x10.com.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »

I'm a bit surprised X10 management has let it go this far!
............ The latest group of lingire models caught in the act of removing their thong is something I would expect to see on late night TV ads for phone sex chat lines or "Wildest Bar in America" videos!

I often wonder about my own perspective on such matters. I am not a prude... and have often defended X10 ad's. I've always said X10 knows their customers and how to sell on-line.. they've been selling on-line as long as anyone. But these latest ad's have gotten just plain silly! I can't recommend the X10.com Site to anyone.

Bill is right. This is: X10 gone wild.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:45:31 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »

Yea I use to tell people about X10 in my travels for work. People love the idea of home automation. But if I tell people to go to that site and its there first time there they get the impression that the X10 stuff is a cheap product something you might find at a dollar store or something. Plus it might look bad on me if the site I recommend is as dirty as it can get before they have to ask your age to go on the site.

I don't even know what market research was done to decide that is the way to sell more. I mean the saying "sex sells" only goes so far.

I feel disrespected if the only reason they do that is cause we are guys. and one other thing... since I try to stay away from that site I have been going to others like smarthome.com and going there makes you look at Insteon stuff. Maybe switching over to that is the way to go. There product seems at least the same as x10 maybe better (according to some) and they seem more mature about selling it.  :'
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 04:31:09 PM »

...... it might look bad on me if the site I recommend is as dirty as it can get before they have to ask your age to go on the site.

And that is exatly why I wouldn't send some one to the X10.com Site. I don't want to look like a dirty old man. Heck... if I wanted to chase pretty young women... why would I be puttering around the house using X10. It doesn't make sense.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 10:06:38 AM »

Being up to late gets me in trouble most of the time  rofl but look what I found more prove that X10 has lost their minds. I found this link on a web site. They guy who post it says he works for X10 but who knows. My guess they wont be up for that much longer but have a peek anyways.

Has anyone else seen this

http://www.x10.com/promotions/xx11a_ed_planetcam_lowestever_burst_polt_home.html

Or this one is really over the top

http://www.x10.com/promotions/sarah_palin_n.html

People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 12:04:01 PM »

BANG!....

BANG!....

BANG!...

BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!

(the sound of X10 shooting themselves in the foot)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 05:33:37 PM »

Betcha X10 will top the current "over the top" home page with another "more over the top" one in less than 6 months.

I can get most X10 hardware at prices less than X10 charges, the only thing I've ever bought from X10USA was Active Home Pro/CM15A.  All my other interfaces and control programs beginning with the CP290/DOS software through CM11A/Active Home were bought from third party vendors and my local X10 dealer.  The only reason I got AHP/CM15A from X10 was their refusal to sell to local X10 dealers below street prices.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »

Betcha X10 will top the current "over the top" home page with another "more over the top" one in less than 6 months.

I can get most X10 hardware at prices less than X10 charges, the only thing I've ever bought from X10USA was Active Home Pro/CM15A. All my other interfaces and control programs beginning with the CP290/DOS software through CM11A/Active Home were bought from third party vendors and my local X10 dealer. The only reason I got AHP/CM15A from X10 was their refusal to sell to local X10 dealers below street prices.

Besides X10.com and local dealers (Near dayton Ohio I don't know of any local dealers)where do you get stuff that beats x10.com's prices. What I have seen is with there deals, 5-for-1 adds and even their regular price is pretty hard to beat.

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 02:07:07 PM »

Wow I went on x10.com today and was looking for something and  :o wow a real wedsite

http://www.x10.com/products4/google/home_automation_ps_nox.html

Look how great it looks and how easy it is to find stuff. Is this new or maybe just a old one page left behind from before the  high school kids took over.

If it is new then  #:) X10

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 04:12:41 PM »

Too bad that is not the home page you get with www.x10.com:'

dapottsmd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Home Page?
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 01:53:13 PM »

I'm anything but a prude, but I see no reason to cheapen your ads with the Boob Squad. Surely, the overwhelming negative response should have made some impression on the marketing kids there in the front office.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Home Page?
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »

I'm anything but a prude, but I see no reason to cheapen your ads with the Boob Squad. Surely, the overwhelming negative response should have made some impression on the marketing kids there in the front office.
Save your breath. They have informed us emphatically that they know what they are doing. I'm still laughing.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 08:45:01 PM »

Yea according to x10.. Their customers have no idea what they want to see on the web site. X10 "just knows" what we want and it has to be half naked woman.

Guess everyone or well 98% of us on here who don't like it....must not be x10 customers and or we just don't know what we like!! Sure glad X10 web guys are here to let me know what I want to see while shopping  :'

rofl

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.