Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: to clarify myhouse.x10.com service  (Read 30434 times)

cswilsn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
to clarify myhouse.x10.com service
« on: November 06, 2008, 11:09:06 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I cant seem to connect to myhouse.x10.com from anywhere! I get prompted for a plugin installation and it goes nowhere, I just get a blank screen.

Running IE7/Vista is this a computability issue? or is the service just down?

Thanks guys!

Chris

cswilsn

Re: to clarify myhouse.x10.com service
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:11:38 AM »

Nevermind, run IE as administrator, add it to trusted sites then install the control.

weird workaround but works.

Chris

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

... and the MyHouse service's server is a bit flaky - you might want to look into LogMeIn (free).
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 02:33:17 PM »

... and the MyHouse service's server is a bit flaky - you might want to look into LogMeIn (free).

This is so true. I always had problems with myhouse service. Never had one problem with logmein for over a year now.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

jsnone1

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 07:39:55 PM »

This is so true. I always had problems with myhouse service. Never had one problem with logmein for over a year now.

WOW!!! Logmein is AWESOME!!!

It looks like I just have a trial though.......how much is it when the trial expires?

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »

You get a trail version of all their functions then after that it automatically goes to remote access only.

So you can control your computer but wont be able to file share or use the printer from remote computers..... The free version after the trail runs out is all you need to remote access you computer
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

PajamaGuy

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 06:31:09 AM »

$0.02 more...

I ended up buying LogMeIn Ignition because my company blocks remote control websites, and the Ignition piece runs as an app. (from my thumbdrive)

On advice from here, I did a Google search on "LogMeIn Coupon code" and got a code that dropped the price to $19.95/yr.

PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 12:51:11 AM »

Say can you use Logmein to access AHP? and if so how does that work, this may be just what I've been looking for x10 could be a half a BILLION dollar company if there stuff worked, just don't understand why they can't get decent programmers, as I remember it was two years out and folks still couldn't get even basic timers to work in AHP.  :(

Tom j.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:58:31 AM by tom j »

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »

Tom,  You sure can do that with logmein.  That program (and the free version), gives you access to the remote computer.  It is kinda like sitting in front of that computer, you can run programs/start em/stop em.  The program is loaded onto the remote computer also.
  I sometimes use this to look into my AH computer and also use realvnc.  I don't even need to have my computer hooked up to a monitor using either of those programs.   I will use my laptop while at home and use vnc to get into the AH computer and do maint or add things to AHP.

PajamaGuy

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »

...and give us a post if you need help with configuration - we're here to help!  >!
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

tom j

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 12:56:25 AM »

Tom,  You sure can do that with logmein.  That program (and the free version), gives you access to the remote computer.  It is kinda like sitting in front of that computer, you can run programs/start em/stop em.  The program is loaded onto the remote computer also.
  I sometimes use this to look into my AH computer and also use realvnc.  I don't even need to have my computer hooked up to a monitor using either of those programs.   I will use my laptop while at home and use vnc to get into the AH computer and do maint or add things to AHP.

Hi just saw your post had to do a search forgot where I saw it. So I guess you basically just need to have AHP running? Thanks going to install it I'm sure I'll have additional question. Thanks!!

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »

Hi just saw your post had to do a search forgot where I saw it. So I guess you basically just need to have AHP running? Thanks going to install it I'm sure I'll have additional question. Thanks!!

Tom j.

Sorry I was just reading this post again guess you really don't even need t have it loaded you could load it remotely but I would imagine it would be better to have it up and running when you access it. Thanks

Tom j.

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 09:46:16 AM »

Um, has anybody ever considered the privacy issue? Like, does Logmein basically have access to your personal info on your computer when you open it up like that for remote viewing?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.