Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CM15A and TM571  (Read 6312 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: CM15A and TM571
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 01:32:41 PM »

Security sensors get installed into AHP and AHP assigns them an address - and you can do some tricks to make that address whatever you want.  For instance, I have a MS10A motion sensor named "MS-Liv" and if you look under TOOLS->FindOther Computers and put the mouse on A10 it will show MS-Liv.  Likewise, if I go to REPORTS->General, when you get to the Addresses and their devices, beside of the A10 Address will be MS-Liv.

My point is that with AHP, the MS10A being at A10 means nothing.  If I create a phantom appliance module and give it the address of A10, or if I create a macro using A10 as a trigger - when the MS-Liv motion sensor sends out its RF to the CM15A and into AHP, it has no effect on modules or macros addressed as A10.

However because I have OnAlert, I can create a module using the MS10A, and name it "MS-Liv", and I can use the SECURITY SENSOR "MS-Liv" as a trigger for macros but I can't us its A10 address.

If it's a DS10A or other security sensor that has a state (Closed or Triggered) and I install it into AHP and check the box that says "Is this installed in the security console" - that device's STATE now becomes a CONDITION upon which I can write a macro.  "Upon trigger G5=ON, IF GarageDoor=TRIGGERED, Set L5=ON"

All that to say that The TM751 has nothing to do with Security Sensors.

But if you have a V572 and you tell it to send an A10 PLC whenever it sends RF - THEN you CAN "effectively" use a security sensor's address.  But to be clear as mud, even though AHP gave that MS10A an address of A10, via your V572 you can give it B12 if you want.  Within AHP, it's address will still be A10.

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

berniejr72

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 04:07:23 PM »

OK I gothca.  I just received my DS7000 and AHP/CM15A today so I'll start playing tonight.

I plan on using an Old P2 - 366MHz Thinkpad with 290MB RAM running XP SP2 as my dedicated HA machine.  Do you think that this will this be sufficient for AHP?

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »

Yeah, I'm using a Dell 610 for my video stuff and I was running the whole thin on it.  The problem arises with only one USB port and it's 1.0 at that.  So I split off the home automation to my Vista machine. 

--- Put the battery in the DS7000 and walk it around to your sensors to install them. Then put it where you want it (near a phone jack) and let it sit the night.  It will flash any sensor it hasn't heard from in 4 hours.  If you're in range of everything, then you can continue.  To re-program, just unplug & pull the battery - it's wiped clean.

Annother note - if you install the same REMOTE more than once, it costs you one of the 8 slots each time.  You can only have 8 remotes installed.  I have 4 keychains, and 2 SH624s - that's 6.  Then you have to install one of the AHP modules (use an SH624) so you can arm-by-macro - that's 7.  If you reinstall anything, it will eat the 8th slot.  Subsequent installs will SOUND like they did, but they won't and you'll be scratching your hair out.

You get 16 sensors, but only 8 remotes.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:34:49 PM by PajamaGuy »
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

berniejr72

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »

PajamGuy that's more good info to know.  If it all works out well I will probably end up with 2 remotes and 4 keychain's, but just one of each for now.

Thanks again for all of the info.  I'll let you know how it goes with my setup.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.