Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a quick advice ???  (Read 2954 times)

sirj01

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
a quick advice ???
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »

Good day every1:

i'm in a autamation project with my university, the idea is to use x10 products in all the classrooms to control lights and fans, can someone tell me what devices should i use and its distribution ?, please note that thers two lamps and two fans per classroom and they must turn on when someone walks there and turn off when no1 is inside...

i saw that x10 doesnt support fluorecents lamps cause they cant be dimmed, is that true? is there any x10 product that allows me to control fluorescent lamps ?

please i need suggestion, and sorry for my bad english  ;)

best regards

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: a quick advice ???
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:22:04 PM »

You need to do the research, and decide how sophisticated you want the system to be. Here are a couple of suggestions, just search the products on "X10.com".

Motion sensing can be done with motions sensors such as MS16A. The MS16A transmits by radio, motion detection to an interface  which puts the signal on the homes powerlines You need to decide if you want any  kind of intelligence to govern how the fan and light are controlled by motion. For example does motion simply turn on fan and light and lack of motions turns them off? If so the interface could be a simple TM751A.

If you want intelligent i.e. "Home Automation" (example: motion turns on fan anytime, but lights only in the evening)  then a computer interface is needed such as CM15A and Active Home Pro software.

The Interfaces that receive the powerline signals and actually apply power to lights and appliances are "Lamp Modules", "Appliance Modules" and "Wall Switches".  Lamp Modules such as LM465 control dimable incandescent and some dimable CFL  lights only. Appliance Modules such as AM486 controls non dimable appliances such as fans, fluorescent lights, etc. Wall switches such as WS12A control dimable incandescent light and WS13A control fans, fluorescent lights, receptacles, etc.

This can get as big and as complex as you want.

good luck
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.