Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Want to view everything from my blackberry  (Read 5563 times)

Newbie007

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Want to view everything from my blackberry
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:43:51 AM »

Newbie here......I'm looking to install 2 camera's inside my house. I'm not interest in sensors, or color video, but I would like audio and the ability to view everything from my blackberry when outside the home. What is the BEST system for these simple requirements? Also, do I need a dedicated PC/laptop for this? If I have only one laptop, and I take it with me, have I killed the network?  Thanks

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Want to view everything from my blackberry
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:01:42 AM »

Seperated this post from a completely unrelated existing topic for better visibility.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Want to view everything from my blackberry
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 03:37:33 PM »

...I'm looking to install 2 camera's inside my house. I'm not interest in sensors, or color video, but I would like audio and the ability to view everything from my blackberry when outside the home. What is the BEST system for these simple requirements? Also, do I need a dedicated PC/laptop for this? If I have only one laptop, and I take it with me, have I killed the network? 

Tough to say... exactly what you should do. Audio is a bigger requirement (in many ways) than video. You could look at IP cameras. At least they don't require a computer, just an InterWeb connection [router].
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.