Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: new high resolution va12a?  (Read 114595 times)

sepways

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: new high resolution va12a?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »

Thanks sepways for pointing that out :)%, the VA12A did show up installed ok  on the laptop with vista when just pluggin it in but I did fail to check for the video picture on AHP, I had my desktop home setup ready with the cams attached to it, so I proceeded without following up. I will try to see the setup with vista and VA12A and see how the video shows up, sounds like I should expect the same as you.
It seems so..let me know please.  Thanks!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 04:38:38 PM »

Here goes again. The 3 cams used are starting at the top is , X2 color cam, X2 Nightwatch Cam, Aztak Color Cam with Night Vision.
Thanks for posting the comparison shots. That earns a helpful from me.
Knowing that direct wired cameras generally have a better picture than wireless, I hope you'll be able to add third and forth columns (wired VA11A & VA12A) with wired camera examples when you can.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 09:26:40 PM »

Here goes again. The 3 cams used are starting at the top is , X2 color cam, X2 Nightwatch Cam, Aztak Color Cam with Night Vision.
Knowing that direct wired cameras generally have a better picture than wireless, I hope you'll be able to add third and forth columns (wired VA11A & VA12A) with wired camera examples when you can.

Ditto!   #:)
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 07:04:02 AM »

Many thanks!  Mine has been shipped (yea!) and should have it Thursday.  :)%
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »

Thanks  you folks, always fun to play.

sepways, it seems my AHP on the Vista laptop is corrupted. I don't use it since the home and business systems are desktops with XP and there I have not a single problem, I just use the laptop to log in to LogMein to each system, very effective with the VA12A. AHP is not installing on the Vista for me know. I had done it before and have no record of what I did to make it work then, I only started keeping a log of all actions taken in the X10 world a few months ago, but nothing like PajamaGuy's wonderful Money pit segment. I will keep at it to get it going again, just for my records also. Its gotta be something with making sure I have it all totally erased before trying to reinstall it again. ???
Maybe PajamaGuy can give it a try since he has the Vista working with AHP. I did get assurance from X10 tech that the VA12A had issues with Vista at first, but with the update of 3.236 all should work fine. IMHO vista is not going to make it, still has issues with many other software, maybe windows 7 will be the cure.

Wired cams are not in my inventory as of yet. Did try to MOD a wireless cam, but before even starting, I could not make my mind on how best to make the connections and to what to best suit my setup for routing Video and Digital Cable and intercome around my home, project in the works. I do have the temptation to get my hand on a few Nightwatch 2 wired cams. I just had tried a B/W wireless and was impressed on how better the cam is compared to the color X2 cams. The B/W is very close to the Astak cams.

PS, I have 2 VA11A soon to be for sale, cheap, well not too cheap, any takers. rofl
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 05:26:53 PM by BaBaLou. »

sepways

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 09:02:43 PM »

Thanks  you folks, always fun to play.

sepways, it seems my AHP on the Vista laptop is corrupted. I don't use it since the home and business systems are desktops with XP and there I have not a single problem, I just use the laptop to log in to LogMein to each system, very effective with the VA12A. AHP is not installing on the Vista for me know. I had done it before and have no record of what I did to make it work then, I only started keeping a log of all actions taken in the X10 world a few months ago, but nothing like PajamaGuy's wonderful Money pit segment. I will keep at it to get it going again, just for my records also. Its gotta be something with making sure I have it all totally erased before trying to reinstall it again. ???
Maybe PajamaGuy can give it a try since he has the Vista working with AHP. I did get assurance from X10 tech that the VA12A had issues with Vista at first, but with the update of 3.236 all should work fine. IMHO vista is not going to make it, still has issues with many other software, maybe windows 7 will be the cure.

Wired cams are not in my inventory as of yet. Did try to MOD a wireless cam, but before even starting, I could not make my mind on how best to make the connections and to what to best suit my setup for routing Video and Digital Cable and intercome around my home, project in the works. I do have the temptation to get my hand on a few Nightwatch 2 wired cams. I just had tried a B/W wireless and was impressed on how better the cam is compared to the color X2 cams. The B/W is very close to the Astak cams.

PS, I have 2 VA11A soon to be for sale, cheap, well not too cheap, any takers. rofl
Thanks for trying BaBaLou I have 3.228 and it says no update is available?? Interesting indeed.  I have a trouble in with X10 lets see what they can do for me.  Again thanks for checking.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: new high resolution va12a? & Getting AHP 3.236
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 09:54:23 PM »

Hey, sepways,  Check out the thread New AHP Version 3.236.  The hotlink to get it is in this thread.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

BaBaLou.

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 10:23:12 PM »

Yes sepways, Dan is right here is link to the chatter about the update and where to find it and should work for you, try it
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=16538.0

PajamaGuy

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2008, 09:47:48 AM »

$0.02 - Just remember, X10 Tech Support has duplicated the issue I've had on both XP and Vista installations of AHP 3.236 with OnAlert that DISARM signals from KR10A's are received by AHP as "Armed-HOME".  (which is why I've reverted back to 3.228).

I will try the VA12A on both XP & Vista and I'll post the results (it may be after the holidays)
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

sepways

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2008, 05:52:41 PM »

Yes sepways, Dan is right here is link to the chatter about the update and where to find it and should work for you, try it
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=16538.0
Thanks Guys...I got the update and all works well now!!!  Thanks again for all of your help. #:)

BaBaLou.

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

allways a pleasure to hear the words, all works well now!!!. glad to help good luck

BaBaLou.

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »

Just an update,

I did finally get the AHP to install on the laptop with Vista. The VA12A works very well, this was the newer version 3.236 of which installed with all plugins.

The problem solved in the installation for me was I had to make sure that all X10 files of any kind was taken off the H/D. even any shortcuts in IE or desktop. With all that cleaned out I let Vista with User account control ON, rare for me and then let vista control the installation.
I did note also that the Zip files sent to me from the wonderful people at X10, especially
        Aneatra          who was very quick in responding to any info and all the email conformations I needed to complete the task, :)% 

I did extract the files to the desktop and then installed them from there.
Vista did stop and crash at the end of each install of each file and then it automatically recommended a different way to reinsall the file and it did so effectively and I was left with nothing but AHP running like a gem.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »

....  I will try the VA12A on both XP & Vista and I'll post the results (it may be after the holidays)

So.... how did that VA11A install on an XP system go?

Home Automation is an always changing technology

PajamaGuy

Bevause you asked, Dave...
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 07:25:28 AM »

For me & my systems (your milage may vary)

1. My desktop is Vista/Win7 dual boot. (Mostly Win7, AHP and SM, MH, OA modules)
2. Laptop XP, AHP (SM, MH, OA, IW)

VA11A won't run on Vista/Win7
VA12A won't run on USB 1.x
VA12A needs 3.236
3.236 OnAlert misinterprets KR10A signals.

So - Video via VA12A and Vista/Win7 - is much higher definition and really great resolution! - But I had to uninstall it because I need OnAlert.

I can't use the VA12a on my laptop because it only has USA 1.x

I'm waiting for a fix to 3.236 and OnAlert...        and waiting.....       and waiting.....
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

BaBaLou.

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 08:36:45 AM »

What a coincidence, I was just doing the same thing here waiting......     and waiting.......      and waiting........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.