Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Floodcam Review  (Read 15607 times)

TheBigOldDog

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Floodcam Review
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:53 PM »

Unfortunately the floodcam is a very poor implementation of an excellent idea. They should have put a wide angle, low-light camera in it and the floodlights should work correctly. The fact that some many people have had to develop all sorts of work arounds to get this thing to work they way the advertise IT DOES work is really embarrassing.

Has anybody ripped one of these open and replaced the camera with an X20a (Nightwatch b/w camera)?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 09:20:02 PM by Puck »

TheBigOldDog

Floodcam Results so far are great!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:37:33 PM »

You are forunate. I too am an EE and I've burned dozens of hours trying to get this thing to work as advertised. I even had to replace one of them after 24 hours. I think that one was more reliable than the replacement.

It's an embarrassment this thing works so poorly. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how these should have been implemented (e.g., a wide angle b/w low light camera) and it wouldn't have taken 24 hours of testing to figure out there's a problem with the hardware design and/or components.

I bet the only reason they haven't fixed these is they made a production run of a million and will just keep selling them until they are gone rather than rework them or scrap them.

They are playing a risky game. A bad reputation is hard to overcome.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Floodcam Review
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:29:43 PM »

Moved your reviews of the Floodcam here. Hijacking others review with repeated posts is not a value added method for sharing personal experiences and opinions.

TheBigOldDog

Re: Floodcam Review
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:01:11 PM »

Moved your reviews of the Floodcam here. Hijacking others review with repeated posts is not a value added method for sharing personal experiences and opinions.

Hijacking what? I was replying to other comments about the SAME PRODUCT!. What is this baloney?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.