Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPS  (Read 4255 times)

wildmatt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XPS
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »

I have 9 xps wall switches...I have one that if you shut it "off" via active home, palm control, firecracker etc. it will keep turning off and on but if I shut it off at the switch it is fine...any thoughts or is it defective...
thanks
bil
wlryan@charter.net

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: XPS
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »

I have 9 xps wall switches...I have one that if you shut it "off" via active home, palm control, firecracker etc. it will keep turning off and on but if I shut it off at the switch it is fine...any thoughts or is it defective...
thanks
bil
wlryan@charter.net

Sounds to me like you have a repeater bouncing signals back and forth between itself and the CM15A.  ;)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »

Had the same problem with the wall switches running fans. The spec on the newer switches seems to have changed (the old ones work fine) and they turn back on if not enough current is drawn. For me, for example, the switches worked if the fan was on the high speed; on the medium or slow speeds, the switch would turn off, then back on, when I used the remote (locally, it worked fine.) I tried a dozen new switches ("consumer" and "pro" versions) with the same results (tried older versions in the same circuit with the same fan and it worked fine). Solution: X10 has an excellent return policy. (A Leviton version might work, but I have not tried it yet.)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »

...the switches worked if the fan was on the high speed; on the medium or slow speeds, the switch would turn off, then back on...
My inline fan switch does the same thing. It was suggested that I put a resister in parallel and while I believe that would work, I pretty much only use it only at high speed so I haven't tried it.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.