Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem installing security modules in OnAlert  (Read 18035 times)

Lynn12345

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problem installing security modules in OnAlert
« on: November 23, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »

Hi - I have read the posts relating to this problem and tried the suggestions, but still am unable to get any modules to "install" in OnAlert (always says waiting for signal) and was hoping I'm just missing something.  All the window/door sensors & remotes work fine on the console.  I was able to get the SH624 to install the first time, but when I started over and "cleared" everything and tried to reinstall it, it won't detect it.  I don't think it's a problem with distance or interference, since my cameras and lamp modules, etc. are working great.  Any ideas anyone???  Thanks!

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Problem installing security modules in OnAlert
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 05:31:27 PM »

Hi Lynn12345 and welcome to the Forum,
Just to help others understand a little better. Let us know what units you have to install in OnAlert? You obviously have AHP, do you have all the other attachments? When you say you cleared everything, that includes the usual procedure for the CM15? H/C,U/C being used? Other automation modules being used?
A little info will always do no harm and go a long way.

Lynn12345

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »

Thanks BaBaLou for the reply!  I've been using AHP (other attachments?) for several years, but have never posted here so I appreciate your patience.  Initially, I only want to install door/window sensors in OnAlert along with the remote and keychain remote.  Yes, I have gone through the usual CM15 procedure I think (unplugged it from the outlet & PC, removed the batteries, turned off the PC, plugged it back into PC and outlet) - is there anything I missed?  I also deleted all modules and emptied the trash can, uninstalled OnAlert and reinstalled it.  I'm not sure what H/C or U/C are.  I'm also using lamp and wall switch modules (housecode O) and cameras (housecode C).  The security modules are set to housecode D.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »

I'm not sure what H/C or U/C are.
H/C = house code U/C = unit code.
Please discribe exactly the steps you are using to install the security modules!
Are you activating (testing or tripping) the sensor when AHP is displaying the "waiting for signal" message for that sensor? You need to!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Lynn12345

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »

Hi Tuicemen - I'm using the technique you posted below to install each sensor one at a time and then activating by tripping the sensor.  The first attempt to install the remote worked - I had to set the console to "install" though for some reason.  After that, I couldn't get the additional sensors to install.  I couldn't find KDR's work around to try.

One way to be sure And I've done this:

clear your history
open check for other computers and check the codes AHP sees
then close it
then add a security sensor specifying the house code before you select the sensor
as soon as you select a sensor the address disappears
save
open check for other computers this address will now appear as used

This will get your security modules all on one house code! Of coarse you can still use KDRs work around as an added insurance!

Lynn12345

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 06:35:32 PM »

I also unplugged the console and removed the battery and removed the batteries from all the sensors/remotes before attempting to reinstall in OnAlert (as some else had suggested).  I've had minor problems with the other modules in the past which I've been able to resolve with changing the housecode and other tweaking, so I know I should be able to get this to work!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 07:21:27 PM »

OK that gets them configured to the same house code but doesn't get them set so AHP can see them!
once you click on the install button and get the "waiting for signal" pressing the test button on the sensor will send a signal  AHP should then see this and set the sensor!
Do you have a spare sensor to play with close to the cm15a?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Lynn12345

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »

Yes, after adding the modules to AHP, I then pressed the test button.  Update - since the last post, I have been able to get 1 door sensor installed in AHP!  The 2nd door sensor will not detect using the same method as the 1st.  I'll try to install a spare sensor close to the cm15a to see if that works.

Thanks!

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 08:08:02 PM »

Hi Lynn12345 , make sure when you press the test botton, to press and hold for a second or two, it will allow the unit to reset its unit code, maybe there is another module using the same code. By pressing the test botton and holding it will allow it generate a new code.

Lynn12345

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »

Thanks - I was able to install another sensor in AHP (one still won't detect), but when I open & close the door the console doesn't chime.  The whole system seems to be working randomly.  Think I'll take a break tonight and take a fresh look at it tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the help & have a good evening!

Lynn

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.