Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MT12A - Unable to turn on any lights  (Read 2558 times)

jake88

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MT12A - Unable to turn on any lights
« on: January 04, 2009, 10:29:06 PM »

I just bought a MT12A mini timer to control the lights when I'm away on Vacation.  At least that was the idea.  The MT12A has not worked for me from day one.  Even when I tried the manual on/off nothing happens. 

I have other lamp moduals throughout the house and they all work with the hand held remote controls and slim wall switches.  I've tried moving the MT12A to the same plug as the transceiver, no go.  I've tried a different house code for the particular lights that I want to control with the mini timer...no go either.  Do I have a defective unit?  Help.

Thanks

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: MT12A - Unable to turn on any lights
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »

I've tried moving the MT12A to the same plug as the transceiver, no go.  I've tried a different house code for the particular lights that I want to control with the mini timer...no go either.  Do I have a defective unit?  Help.

Thanks

Probably. But to verify the bad MT12A, plug the MT12,  the tranceiver, and a lamp module in the same (non surge ) outlet strip or extension cord. If the MT12 can't control the lamp module but a wireless remote can, then that would be a very good indication the MT12 is poo-poo.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: MT12A - Unable to turn on any lights
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:10:57 PM »

If the tests Dave gave you don't work. I would also say the MT12A maybe defective;but if your setup is marginal signal wise. It could be just not reaching the module you want to control. The MT12A and MT13A have a lower power line signal than the TM751 and RR501 Transceivers.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.