Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing ActiveHome Pro on New Computer  (Read 2722 times)

sjx10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Installing ActiveHome Pro on New Computer
« on: December 06, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »

I have been running ActiveHome Pro with all modules (including security) for about 2 years now.  Just purchased a new Core-2 Duo System from Dell.  I want to install ActiveHome on the new system.  Will the activation codes allow me to install on that new system?  Or what do I need to do - I haven't tried the install yet.

Guidance? 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Installing ActiveHome Pro on New Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:13:16 AM »

..........  Will the activation codes allow me to install on that new system?  Or what do I need to do - I haven't tried the install yet.
Guidance? 

What I think your refering to.... is using your old X10 email and links to re-download and install AHP software. Those links expired shortly after your original download... as I understand it.

What I did when I got my new (old used) Home Automation Computer: I called X10 with my purchase order number and the email address I gave to X10.com. They re-sent me new download links (the "codes" are purchase order numbers).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »

sjx10
Although you can do as Dave_x10_L   did, it is best to save the software to disk once you have it downloaded!
Then use those install files on the new computer with the registration codes you originally received!
You'll save your self considerable time as X10 seems to be slower to answer E-mails then usual, and calling support isn't much quicker! :( :(
I've installed AHP on many different machines here using the same install files and activation codes without issue!
OK there were issues ::) :' mainly OS ones the install always worked! ;)
>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sjx10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »

Thank you both.  I did save the software when I first installed it.  I will try that route first.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.