Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easy X10 Deal Search!!!  (Read 18133 times)

cnpalmer

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Easy X10 Deal Search!!!
« on: November 26, 2008, 05:58:28 PM »

I was looking for an easy way to find out what deals I had looked previously, especially the 5 for 1 listings that come up in the newsletters and couldn't remember how to locate them on the x10 site itself.

So I did a little Google "hacking" and was able to list out pretty much all the promotions and links to each one using this search within Google: "site:xxx.x10.com/promotions"

Here's a link to the search itself: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.x10.com%2Fpromotions&btnG=Search

One nice thing about this search is if you are looking for a specific product like an ActiveEye Motion Sensor, just add activeeye to the end of your search like this: "site:www.x10.com/promotions activeeye" and it will pull up only those pages with the motion sensor mentioned.

Just thought I'd pass along what I use to find decent package deals that aren't advertised all the time.

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
Re: Easy X10 Deal Search!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:37:38 PM »

Thanks for the tip. We all know how important it is to be sure you get the best deal X10 has to offer. I always spend 20 minutes searching Thur all the deals before I buy to be sure what I want isn't bundle in a deal somewhere or has one of the 5-for-1 deals
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Easy X10 Deal Search!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:55:46 AM »

I was looking for an easy way to find out what deals I had looked previously, especially the 5 for 1 listings that come up in the newsletters and couldn't remember how to locate them on the x10 site itself.

So I did a little Google "hacking" and was able to list out pretty much all the promotions and links to each one using this search within Google: "site:xxx.x10.com/promotions"

Here's a link to the search itself: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.x10.com%2Fpromotions&btnG=Search

One nice thing about this search is if you are looking for a specific product like an ActiveEye Motion Sensor, just add activeeye to the end of your search like this: "site:www.x10.com/promotions activeeye" and it will pull up only those pages with the motion sensor mentioned.

Just thought I'd pass along what I use to find decent package deals that aren't advertised all the time.

Hay THANK YOU! will try this! What a great  -:)

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.