Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scenes solution with X-10 products?  (Read 4587 times)

amunoztico

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Scenes solution with X-10 products?
« on: November 27, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »

How can I configurate a sceness solution with X-10 products?  I want to have "scenes" in the home theater room, living room and family room.  I would like to control them locally and remotely as well.

Can someone help to identifiy the right products and configuration for that?

Thanks!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Scenes solution with X-10 products?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 11:56:45 AM »

Well if you don't already have the CM15A with the included AHP software, that would be my 1st suggestion. With it you can create macros that will have your lights and appliances doing almost anything you can imagine. With BVC you can even have it respond to your voice. (I'll let Dave elaborate on his setup.)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 02:47:55 PM »

..... With BVC you can even have it respond to your voice. (I'll let Dave elaborate on his setup.)

Yep... it was my Home Theater that got me started with X10. This then I've added cameras, security, and LOTS more X10. I now voice command my setup with BVC (I am a big Voice Command Fan). steven r is correct... you want to build a solid X10 system around the AHP (Active Home Pro) complete software package (and the CM15A interface).

You can do almost anything with this stuff! Check out my YouTube Video.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:03:59 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

amunoztico

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »

Thanks steven & Dave for your respondes.

I will get AHP software with CM15A... One more question.. how the scenes work with AHP ?  I guess I have to create some macros, but how I launch the macros? from the PC or from a remote control ?

I'm new, so, thk for your patience.

Regards!

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:53:37 PM »

You make macros which you can have them do just about what you want. You trigger the macros by PC or remote. For a home theater in a basic set up you would just have the macro start when you press a button on a remote. So you will need a remote that can send X10 RF. Its all how in depth you go with it. Could have BVC listen for your voice command to start a macro too. BVC even has great IR functions to with some added hardware(USB-UIRT).

But simple set up would be

x10 RF remote
cm15a with AHP
and what ever X10 modules you need.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 10:49:39 PM »

One more question.. how the scenes work with AHP ?  I guess I have to create some macros, but how I launch the macros? from the PC or from a remote control ?

Yeah.... they didn't offer X10 studies in my High School ether. But you will find TONS helpful/useful information and tips here. Reading the forum posts is the best way I know to learn about X10. Here a list of stickys that cover just about every known problem:  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=7951.msg49167#msg49167
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.