Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mini Projector for Laptop  (Read 26878 times)

miketowninc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Mini Projector for Laptop
« on: November 28, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »

I would really like to have a mini screen projector that can wirelessly connect to the vga port on my laptop. The projection would not have to be very big only 30 inches or so.

What do you think?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Mini Projector for Laptop
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »

I would really like to have a mini screen projector that can wirelessly connect to the vga port on my laptop.

Nothing can wirelessly connect to your VGA port. The port is a wired connection.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

miketowninc

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 04:15:32 PM »

Ok, no

My idea was the projector part.

What about the showtime that connect your pc to the tv? THATS VGA!! and it connects wirelessly to the tv. But instead of a tv there should be a projector that you guys make.:)

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 12:24:16 AM »

What about the showtime that connect your pc to the tv? THATS VGA!! and it connects wirelessly to the tv.

I must have mis-understood.

Yes... you can connect a device to your VGA port... and then wirelessly send the picture to another device... that then connects to a projector. A mini projector (they do make those) or a larger projector would work fine (just like a TV).

I own the VGA (and regular) video sender...it works fine. However.... if you intend to do movies... I wouldn't expect the resolution to be good enough.

miketowninc

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »

In that case.

Do you have any suggestions for a mini projector?
thanks for your reply!

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:44:50 AM »

I use this one for all my work training and is a nice little projector. but it has only the VGA port. Does good for training and I guess even a movie from the laptop not HD or anything.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Projectors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=224-0939

There are allot of protable projectors none as small as the dell one (That  I have seen) but still light weight. My guess if they can put it into a laptop them soon we will see more Mini ones.

I also seen this website once that showed a Laptop with a built in projector but haven't seen it in real life yet.
http://www.aboutprojectors.com/news/2008/06/05/asus-laptop-has-built-in-projector/
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »

Do you have any suggestions for a mini projector?

No. I have no real experience with the minis... just search and read the specs. But being on the cutting edge... is also called being on the bleeding edge. Early adopters pay a premium.

Like this:  FUTURE pen/computer (<link) with laser projected keyboard.. and projector monitor.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 11:34:41 AM »

...Like this:  FUTURE pen/computer (<link) with laser projected keyboard.. and projector monitor.
Wow! It looks like I may need to find my old nerd pocket protector if it has that many pen parts.  rofl
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »

It looks like I may need my pocket protector if it has that many pen parts. 

Save your pocket protector for your slide-rule (don't pretend you don't have one) steven r.

I think... the video used several pens to show the many different positions the pen would transform through. Once again.. I think.. it is supposed to be one pen... projecting a laser generated keyboard on one side... and a projector/monitor/screen view on the other.

This would be the ultimate PDA/laptop traveler. I would have to assume it will also use some sort of new battery technology solution... and G3 (phone style) wireless Internet.

PDA's already have more computing power than my Win 3.1 desktop (maybe even my win95) had. It's amazing [to me] that I am currently running my home on "old curb-side" computers (saved from the landfill).  If the crash of the economy doesn't kill the development and innovations... desktop PC's for home use.. may soon go the way of console TVs. Owning a pen-sized computer... that projects both the keyboard.. and the monitor/screen image.... is very easy for me to imagine.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:12:55 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 07:18:14 PM »

...Save your pocket protector for your slide-rule (don't pretend you don't have one)...
Actually I do have a couple somewhere. One that was my dad's and one that I think I got at drug store.
As long as we're reminiscing, I remember when my dad got one of the first TI calculators. A basic 5 function that was about the size of a small paperback book.
Oh well... 50 years from now they'll be laughing at our iPods.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:32:46 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.