Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PalmPad HR12A just stopped working  (Read 4314 times)

hostile

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PalmPad HR12A just stopped working
« on: November 30, 2008, 05:05:56 PM »

I have a basic Firecracker setup which includes:

PalmPad Remote Control HR12A
RF Transceiver Module TM751 (nothing connected)
Lamp Module LM465 (lamp connected)
FireCracker Computer Interface CM17A

I setup all these modules 4+ years ago and have never had to do anything with them, they've always worked.  The TM751 is connected to an outlet, the LM465 is connected to another outlet (lamp attached) and the CM17A is on the back of my file server that has not been imaged or touched in the same 4+ years.

Last week my remote stopped responding.  The LED would not light when I tried to turn on my lamp and the lamp would not turn on or off.  I figured the batteries were dead, they are the originals that I put in so long ago.  New batteries didn't do anything.

I plugged the lamp into the TM751 and the ON/OFF button correctly turns the lamp on and off.   

I connected to the server the firecracker software won't run anymore.  Not sure what happened, no software has been installed on that server in years, literally.  I launch the firecracker application and the system tray icon appears but when I move my mouse over it the icon disappears.  Also, firecracker.exe does not appear in the running processes.  I shouldn't need the software or the computer module to use my remote and lamp, it's just weird this has stopped working as well.  I re-installed the software, no chance.

Did my remote just up and die?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.  :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: PalmPad HR12A just stopped working
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »

I have seen the TM751s fail, pressing the on/off button would still work as that is local control, Nothing to do with X10 signals. A Friend had one go that the TM751 would work with the Palm pad only on unit one none of the other 15 unit numbers. ::) :'  First thing I'd replace is the TM751 since you can't do anything with the interface or the palm pad chances of them both going at the same time is very slim.  >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cwlgmc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Fixed PalmPad HR12A that just stopped working
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »

My PalmPad Model HR12A suddenly stopped working like others I've read about.  Pushed buttons and no red transmit light.  New batteries made no difference.  Took it apart and re-soldered the three connections on the HDR310M SAW ceramic resonator on the circuit board.  Also did the same thing with the red and black wires from the batteries.  For good measure, also bent the four contacts for the batteries (had bent the two that were accessible when changed the batteries to no avail).  Put it all back together and it works like a champ.  Took about 15 minutes, most of which was waiting for soldering iron to heat up.  Since did all three things at once, don't know which one or ones were needed.  Anyway, hope this helps someone else.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 08:54:59 AM »

#:)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 12:39:25 PM »

Thank you for the information.
It should help others.

Some may not find a HRD310M SAW ceramic resonator in theirs. My older ones have an LC oscillator not a SAW derived one.
Just has a blank silk screen where it could go.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 02:49:13 PM »

Some may not find a HRD310M SAW ceramic resonator in theirs. My older ones have an LC oscillator not a SAW derived one.
Just has a blank silk screen where it could go.

You can add the SAW resonator which will make the output frequency more stable.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.