Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for a starting point to access the X10 camera via software application  (Read 5223 times)

x10Chuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I currently have a X10 remote camera. It is connected to my PC via the USB port.  I'm running the xRay software that looks to be working fine. The xRay software snaps pictures and saves the snapshot on my PC as a jpeg file. I have written my own software that can send the latest snapshot up to my ISP server account, where I can then view the snapshot from a browser(IE) on my PC at work.  What I get is a picture of my front porch at home in almost real time.

In general I'm trying to find the software tools that can allow me to write my own XRay software type application. Where can I go to get/find this information? Anyone have source code to the XRay Vision software application I can have?

In general what I want to do is write my own software to be able to capture a picture from the X10 and save it to file on my PC as a jpeg file.

I am hoping/guessing that somewhere there exist a DLL that would allow me to make calls from an application compiled using Microsoft C++ 6.0 where I can capture a frame from the X10 camera and save it as a jpeg file.

Thanks for any guidance.

int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
                     HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                     LPSTR     lpCmdLine,
                     int       nCmdShow)
{
   // TODO: Place code here.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

You don't say what X10 PC interface your using!
There is code or SDKs out there for them!
You'll need that as a starting point.
Once you have that it is a snap adding the code for camera control and viewing!
There are lots of samples for that on the net too! Even Coding forums to help for that part of your project!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

billf8004

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have the same problem.  Blue and white with a vague shade of an image appearing and disappearing.  Works great in vanguard, though.  Except it won't stop taking stills.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.