Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AM466 Modules  (Read 3013 times)

Dee E

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AM466 Modules
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »

Why do some AM466 modules have a poll button on the on off icon and others don't?  I received 4 today and 2 have it and 2 don't.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: AM466 Modules
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:09:20 PM »

o-o-o-o-h Anyone know if the "redesign appliance modules are 2-way? I doubt it.

Dee,

What Icon are you refering to? The one in AHP?

Neither the AM466 nor AM486 appliance modules can (could) be polled. The poll-able appliance module from X10 was the "2-way" AM14A which is not made any more. X10 is using the same chip from the old AM14A in their "redisigned" AM486 and AM466. The redisigned module does have some of the "extra" features of the old AM14A (like AGC) but I do not think it can be polled, since that would require extra circuitry to transmit the module status after a poll, hence larger module case and higher cost.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »

o-o-o-o-h Anyone know if the "redesign appliance modules are 2-way? I doubt it.

They're not 2-way (unless X-10 has pulled another "secret redesign" stunt).

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 06:52:09 AM »

When I dissected my new CFL friendly Appliance Module. I don't believe I saw anything looking like a power line transmitter.

Dee E

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 11:29:41 AM »

When I say icon, I mean on the Active Home Pro display for Rooms there are icons for each module with a switch on the left, a order button on the bottom right corner, and above the order button there is a poll button.  Of the 4 AM466 modules, 2 have the poll button.

The 2 with the poll button always work.  The 2 without the poll button are very touchy, controller can only be plugged into one outlet in a room with 5.  None of modules are more than 20 feet from controller.  In guest bedroom, 15  feet from controller the module with poll always works, and the one without poll is very touchy. 

Dee E

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:34:04 AM »

PS I use the appliance modules for lights.  I wanted 3 pin for flexibility, but maybe I should have gotten light modules.  The controller has more options for light modules.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »

When I say icon, I mean on the Active Home Pro display for Rooms there are icons for each module with a switch on the left, a order button on the bottom right corner, and above the order button there is a poll button.  Of the 4 AM466 modules, 2 have the poll button.

The 2 with the poll button always work.  The 2 without the poll button are very touchy, controller can only be plugged into one outlet in a room with 5.  None of modules are more than 20 feet from controller.  In guest bedroom, 15  feet from controller the module with poll always works, and the one without poll is very touchy. 

The AM 466's are not pollable. The fact that your two "pollable" AM466's seem to work better than the non-pollable AM466s is coincidence.

It sounds more like a phase coupling (most likely) or noise problem. Read about them here

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=7951.0

You might try creating a couple new AM466 OR AM486 modules (AHP treats both appliance modules the same) to see if AHP continues it's confusion.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.