Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: will a macro quit executing if trigger goes away?  (Read 3476 times)

Mikefor

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
will a macro quit executing if trigger goes away?
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »

I am using an eagle eye sensor to turn on my floods at night and have a few delays inserted. The trigger is  on on signal from the motion sensor which goes to off before the whole macro gets executed.

In addition I am turning off the flood after a 15 min delay but the maco either doesn't seem to get executed or turns the flloods on then immediately off.

I have read some people are using flags ect. Is this why?

Thanks for any help

Mike

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: will a macro quit executing if trigger goes away?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 01:51:15 PM »

Mikefor: welcome to the forum. A Status Flag can be used in your set up to prevent re-entry of your ON macro before it completes. Another suggestion is to use the OFF signal from the EagleEye to turn the floods off after xx minutes of no motion.

Mikefor

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »

Thanks for the information but my problem seems to be that the macro doesn't get all the way through executing before the eagle eye goes to OFF so it seems to just quit half way throught. Could this be?
thanks

mike

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »

So why don't you extend the OFF signal of the Eagle Eye ?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »

Mikefor   a macro runs from start to finish it can't be stopped!
If your noticing a light go off before macro is finished it must be the same address as the motion sensor!
You need your sensor to be a different address then the devices you wish the macro to control!
>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »

... my problem seems to be that the macro doesn't get all the way through executing before the eagle eye goes to OFF so it seems to just quit half way throught.

It sounds to me like your trigger is the same code as the as both the light and the motion sensor.

If the motion sensor is code A1 (then its off would be A2). In AHP... A1 would trigger a macro to turn ON the (flood) Light at say A4... thus the A2 OFF sent later would have NO effect on the light later on.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Mikefor

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 07:49:55 AM »

Thanks to all who posted to help me. My sensor address was b2 and the device being controlled c6 so there is no chance that could be turning the floods off. I have figured out that the system was really getting screwed up  because i had a coupler repeater tied to my breaker box but before things got really screwed up the floods would come on briefly 3 sec instead of the 15 minutes in the macro.
I have since taken out the coupler repeater and that isn't happening anymore. Now i have trouble with powerline signals making it to the controller!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.