Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Corrupt .axh file?  (Read 3078 times)

woodwizzard

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Corrupt .axh file?
« on: December 08, 2008, 08:27:34 PM »

I"ve been trying to isolate a problem I have with my AHPro program.  I can no longer make changes or create new  timers and macros. Old one work fine.  I've backed up my ahx files and redownloaded the program with a fresh copy from Active Home.  New program works fine if I create a new timer using the myhome.axh file that is created with the new downloaded software.  If I switch  to my own ahx file  I'm back to square one.  I checked the output of the program via a code analyzer and it appears that the cma is putting out  bad codes for a new timer when I download my own .axh files that contain the new timer.  At the same time old timers in the same ahx file are putting out proper codes. 

CMA seems to be ok since I can input a new timer with a test MyHOME.ahx program.  Not being overly familiar with the workings of the AH program I'm wondering if the creation of the codes is a function of the .ahx files.  If this is true I suspect  I'm faced with a corrupt myhome.axh file.

Anyone have any advice to offer?   

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Corrupt .axh file?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »

I"ve been trying to isolate a problem I have with my AHPro program.  I can no longer make changes or create new  timers and macros. Old one work fine.  I've backed up my ahx files and redownloaded the program with a fresh copy from Active Home.  New program works fine if I create a new timer using the myhome.axh file that is created with the new downloaded software.  If I switch  to my own ahx file  I'm back to square one.  I checked the output of the program via a code analyzer and it appears that the cma is putting out  bad codes for a new timer when I download my own .axh files that contain the new timer.  At the same time old timers in the same ahx file are putting out proper codes. 

CMA seems to be ok since I can input a new timer with a test MyHOME.ahx program.  Not being overly familiar with the workings of the AH program I'm wondering if the creation of the codes is a function of the .ahx files.  If this is true I suspect  I'm faced with a corrupt myhome.axh file.

Anyone have any advice to offer?   

Just out of curiosity, did you use any non-alphanumeric characters in the name of the new timer?

The .AHX files are a (modified?) version of XML.  I discovered in an early release that AHP could no longer process the .AHX file correctly when I had used some character (I think it was an appostrophe or ampersand) in the name of a module.

I recovered by opening the .AHX file in notepad and carefully changing every instance of the module name to remove that character.  (Make sure you make a backup of course!)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

PajamaGuy-ß

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:43 AM »

Do "-"'s count?  Is there a limit to the number of characters in a macro name?. 

I'm also getting some pretty weird stuff (I'm back on 3.228, but it wasn't there before).

My Activity Monitor is acting weird too:  For instance, F9 is a monitored phantom AM486, and I removed all references to it in all macros.  I've done a word search in the MACRO report for F9 - there is no F9.  How could it be "receiving" an F9 anyhow?  When the macro did reference it it was a SET F9=ON - wouldn't that be a TRANSMIT?

12/12/2008 4:34:49 AM Macro C1 (FloodCam)
3116 12/12/2008 4:34:49 AM Macro C Off (FloodCam)
3117 12/12/2008 4:34:50 AM Receive F9 (F9 (empty))
3118 12/12/2008 4:34:50 AM Receive F On (F9 (empty))
3119 12/12/2008 4:34:51 AM Receive F9 (F9 (empty))
3120 12/12/2008 4:34:51 AM Receive F Off (F9 (empty))
3121 12/12/2008 4:34:52 AM Receive F8 (BackMotion-Starts)
3122 12/12/2008 4:34:52 AM Receive F Off

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »

...sorry - I was logged in with the wrong ID....

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.