Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HTA to control X10 devices  (Read 5751 times)

jrwhit

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
HTA to control X10 devices
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:12:10 AM »

I didn't see where anyone had created an HTA (HyperText Application) to control X10 devices, so I wrote this one.
It is pretty well commented, so if anyone wants to customize it for their device locations, it shouldn't be difficult.
I should give credit to the person who wrote the AHBView sample in the SDK samples for the code that interfaces with the CM15A, but I don't know who that is.
Also, as I don't have X10 cameras, I don't know how the AllUnitsOff command affects them. So I guess this is my disclaimer for that. I would imagine it shuts them off if they are on the A house code, so use that at your own judgement.
This works on the same principle as your AHP software. It runs from the PC with the CM15A connected to it.
Lastly, to use this, copy to your hard drive and change the .txt extension to .hta and it should open.

jrwhit

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: HTA to control X10 devices
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 12:29:25 AM »

Found a glitch already. After downloading and changing the extension to HTA and double-clicking the file, an Open File - Security Warning box appears. Unless you uncheck the box that says Always ask before opening this file, it errors out. I suppose that is a good idea for security reasons but it's just another step to get this to work. Just thought I'd let you know.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 01:50:14 AM »

Also, as I don't have X10 cameras, I don't know how the AllUnitsOff command affects them.

The AllUnitsOff command has no effect on any of the X10-controlled camera power supply models I've tested.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 03:03:14 AM »

I didn't see where anyone had created an HTA (HyperText Application) to control X10 devices, so I wrote this one.

Well, actually, my old BXVC Topic: BXVC (Bill's X10 Voice Commander) (JScript version)  (Read 53681 times) was a .hta written in JScript.  ;)

Still, it's nice to see someone else actually taking advantage of the power of .hta's and Windows built-in script libraries!  #:)

>!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:08:35 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.