Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wired and Wireless Cameras and AHP  (Read 11967 times)

pcaboo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wired and Wireless Cameras and AHP
« on: December 05, 2008, 02:04:54 AM »

I just purchased 2 wired cameras to go with my wireless cameras. I bought a few "Y" connectors and split the VA12A. When I view the wired cameras, I get a vertical interference signal. I unpluged the RCA cable that goes to the wireless receiver and the picture on the wired camera is fine. I'm using a high quality RCA cable going to the video receiver and I tried others cables all with the same result. Any ideas?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Wired and Wireless Cameras and AHP
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 06:44:14 AM »

You mean you are using a few 'Y' connectors to tie video together from more than one source?
That will not work. You have to find a way to properly mix the signals or switch between them.

pcaboo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 08:23:14 AM »

What's the proper way to connect wired cameras and wireless cameras into AHP?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:41:53 AM »

You can use the Y-Adapters as you have it now; however, when you mix wired with wireless, you must turn off the wireless receiver to view the wired cameras. Even when the wireless cameras are off, the wireless receiver still sends out a video signal.

You will need something like AHP to control the wireless receiver's power via an appliance module, to turn it off during wired camera viewing. Mixing wired & wireless can be done, but it's not as straight forward as all of one type.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.