Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spurious 1 hour shift  (Read 13376 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Spurious 1 hour shift
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 07:31:46 AM »

Happened again to me this past weekend.     :'(

>*<
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

bobvetter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »

I had the same problem. My computer is not connected because the ideal location for the module is not near the computer not because of electricity costs! I reconnected to the computer and hope I will get anothe 6 months. Wish they would fix this!

bobv

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 08:20:02 AM »

IMy computer is not connected because the ideal location for the module is not near the computer ...

Ditto.  The best place in my home for the CM15A, is the outlet in the breakfast nook.   ;D
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »

My CM15A is two feet from the PC that has AHP on it.  No oddball shifts or any other weird AHP problems.  Every interface from the CP290 to the CM11A to the CM15A have always been connected to the PC running the control software, with never a problem.  For modules the various interfaces would not reach, that's what transceivers like the TM751 and the RR501 are for.  BTW if you run AHP both can be in a room. Mine are.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 07:14:47 AM »

Every interface from the CP290 to the CM11A to the CM15A have always been connected to the PC running the control software, with never a problem. 

You need to unplug your PC from your CM15A, and leave it unplugged, if you want any hope of successfully reproducing this bug.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 07:23:31 PM »

Frankly, I'm not interested.  The few who run the CM15A disconnected have to pay the price of the four times a year for the "convenience" 

As to the December Spurious 1 hour shift, the poster who began this thread is the only one with the problem.

DonSchwarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 03:13:51 PM »

Not true for me, I had the problem on the 1st Sunday in December also.  I had not turned my computer on Sunday and my times were off by 1 hour early until Monday when I turned my computer on.  Like you said it occurs 4 times a year if you don't have your computer turned on. It also occurs for me in December. If one leaves their computer up all the time it doesn't happen.
Don...Oakdale, CA

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 11:55:24 PM »

Exactly what is special about the 1st Sunday of December?  I never heard of it except in this thread.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »

How annoying. X10 should provide a firmware update as do most responsible hardware vendors.

rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.