Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unit code select for RF Module  (Read 12758 times)

n7jys

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unit code select for RF Module
« on: December 17, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »

In the Active Home Pro software ther is no provision to select a unit code for an RF Module just a House code. If one could select a unit code this would allow you to controll other none rf modules via the the RF module to exted the range of the CM15A without the need for a repeater.

I have My CM15A locaded in the basment where my office and computer are located. I am not able to control non RF modules that are pluged in upstairs. But using the RF modules I don't have that issue. But again the software is limited to controling the house code only. Will there be a provision or update in the software to alow this? Thanks

Eric

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
Re: Unit code select for RF Module
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:19:04 PM »

The range issue is more for the cm15 to receive RF and not so much transmit it. The problem with the cm15 not controlling upstairs non-rf modules is most likely a phase issue or Noise problem. Do a search on here for those problems to find some help.

Try this link
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=7951.0

Good luck
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 06:59:19 PM »

I assume you are talking about a TM751.  You can't change the unit number on the module, hence you cannot select a unit number in AHP.   The unit will not respond to PLC anyways.  It will, however, translate RF to PLC.
AHP does have an option to transmit RF via a macro that the TM751 will translate to PLC and hit the other modules.
You can try to use this trick to extend the range of the CM15A by placing the TM751 within the RF range and outside of PLC range and sending RF commands to it.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

jhp7894

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 11:36:46 AM »

Yep, using macros is the way to go, just make a new macro and then click the drop down on the far right and you can go to advanced I believe and there will be the option to send RF Commands.

DO NOT use the same address on the Macro as the module(s) you will be controlling or you will get an endless loop. (Or maybe that is just because I have to use a repeater in my house)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.