Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: After re-install, MyHouse Remote Access stopped working...  (Read 12091 times)

frankg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
After re-install, MyHouse Remote Access stopped working...
« on: March 21, 2009, 09:14:33 AM »

It was fine before that, but I had some other issues that forced me to re-install. Now it doesn't do anything remotely. Errors related to system ID, authentication and the sort, all pointing to server not recognizing the new install and my system ID pointing to my old install. Any clues? (X10 technical support so far has been totally unresponsive) Can users get new system ID on their own or are they handled solely by x10?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:26:33 AM by frankg »

BVD

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: After re-install, MyHouse Remote Access stopped working...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:39:07 PM »

It was fine before that, but I had some other issues that forced me to re-install. Now it doesn't do anything remotely. Errors related to system ID, authentication and the sort, all pointing to server not recognizing the new install and my system ID pointing to my old install. Any clues? (X10 technical support so far has been totally unresponsive) Can users get new system ID on their own or are they handled solely by x10?

ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/myhouse.pdf

Frankg,
The above URL is to the FTP site for the MyHouse installation manual. When you reinstalled did you just reinstall MyHouse add-in? When you bring up AHP and it loads the add-ins does it show that MyHouse is registered? Did you go in and reset everything up in MyHouse as the manual shows such as users etc? You may have to uninstall MyHouse and reinstall it as the first time you bring up the program it should ask you to register it.

Also I get the messages you described but it will eventually connect. Sometimes I have to try more than once because I assume the servers are busy because a few minutes later it connects with no problem.

I realize X10 support or lack thereof won't be of any help as they don't know anything about their own programs let alone an add-in program.

I will try to help you get it back up and running although it may take us a little while. Try to be as specific as possible as to exactly what you did and what operating system you are running.

Till Later,
Bob

frankg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: After re-install, MyHouse Remote Access stopped working...
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »

Bob,

Thank you for your reply. I must be doing something wrong with the re-install because the plug-in already comes up as registered, it doesn't give me a chance to enter the registration as in a brand new install. I tried uninstalling AHP Pro and all the plugins (I purchased all) but every re-install attempt comes up as registered already. I don't know how to reset everything to make it a brand new install. I also read something about opening ports 80 and 8001 on the firewall, I use Zone Alarm Pro so I will try that as well. My OS is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3. Any tips and clues are appreciated... FrankG

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.