Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A little simple Help Please  (Read 6659 times)

Jimmiealan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
A little simple Help Please
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »

I have been running X10 camera's for about 8 years already
I got Active x10 a little while ago and nothing I do works out for me.
I can get lights to come on but not shut off
or I have to put them on and sometimes they shut off when a certain time comes up.
This is what I want to do:

Xmas tree lights  ON at 6am and OFF at 9am
then ON again at 4:30pm and OFF at 11pm
all week.

what I did.. i opened the program and set this times , saved and like I say they work sometimes.

Can I set the program to run from PC only not interface???

Do I need macro???

Could some one please tell me step by step on what to do.
This is not an easy program.
Tried different way in the Help menu but NO luck

Thanks

Jimmiealan

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: A little simple Help Please
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »

More data please.
What interface and software are you using? 8 years ago I believe the old serial CM11A and Active Home was the setup used. Now it is the CM15A and Active Home Pro.
Also can you tell us what type of Christmas Light they are. Newer LED or older Incadescent?
What module are you connecting the lights to. Lamp; Appliance or another type module?
Do you have any phase coupling or filters on possible offending electronic devices?

Jimmiealan

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

More data please.
What interface and software are you using? 8 years ago I believe the old serial CM11A and Active Home was the setup used. Now it is the CM15A and Active Home Pro.
using the latest software
Also can you tell us what type of Christmas Light they are. Newer LED or older Incadescent?
they are the small miniture lights, not LED
What module are you connecting the lights to. Lamp; Appliance or another type module?
I bought 5 Appliance modules
Do you have any phase coupling or filters on possible offending electronic devices?
i don't thinks so

Will check back tomorrow
Thanks

Jimmiealan

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 05:59:06 PM »

any one??? can u help

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »

Thanks for the added data.

I am not an AHP or CM15A user right now. I hope an advanced AHP user will shortly get you your answers.

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 06:53:59 PM »

Under the Timer design window click advance layout in the top right hand corner. Then along the right side of that screen you will see a box to check if you want to store the timer in the interface.

Remember to go to the Tool menu in AHP and click "download timers and macros"  sometimes pressing "clear interface memory" first will help with any old timers or macros that's left in the interface.

One big thing to remember is that you might need a phase coupler if your house is wired in 2 phases. This might be why some lights you can control and some you can't. Plus being that sometimes they work like you want and sometime they don't you might want to check if you have anything plugged in that is giving power line noise. Examples LCD TV's , cell phone chargers . Good link here http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=7951.0
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 06:59:25 PM »

Oh I forgot to ask what version of AHP are you using,

Got to the "Help" button on the top of the AHP window and then click "about" to check the version

Version 3.236 has some probelms with timers this could be something you have. Link http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=17129.0;topicseen

If so you might want to check on downloading a older version like 3.228 or even 3.204.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.