Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: vk77a/xc21a?  (Read 9502 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
vk77a/xc21a?
« on: December 27, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »

This question is about the Vanguard camera, aka xc21a, or vk77a.

When you zoom in on an object, can you keep it zoomed in for surveillance purposes? For example, if my car is parked down the road and I can still see it but it's not close, can I zoom in closer and it keep it zoomed in there to watch it?

And I'd also like to know if the night vision on this camera will work through a glass window?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:46:39 AM by birdzeye »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: vk77a/xc21a?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »

When you zoom in on an object, can you keep it zoomed in for surveillance purposes? For example, if my car is parked down the road and I can still see it but it's not close, can I zoom in closer and it keep it zoomed in there to watch it?

Yes... and the zoom is awesome.

And I'd also like to know if the night vision on this camera will work through a glass window?

If the room [with the window] is as dark as the outside. You may get the best results if you place the camera in a cardboard box... and slide the open end of the box... to the windows glass.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

LOOKnonUbAbYCAke

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 03:18:15 AM »

I am having a problem getting my new XC21B to work. I already have 2 of the x-10 wireless color cameras and a B/W low light camera working fine on my computer using Windows Vista, but I am having quite a struggle getting the XC21B added.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. How can I tell if the camera even works? I know how to add a camera in the Vanguards options area but nothing seems to be happening after adding the XC21B. Could I get a helping hand please.
Thank you so much for your time.

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 09:09:11 AM »

I am having a problem getting my new XC21B to work......... How can I tell if the camera even works?

Test it first! I use my office as a test area. Were I test doesn't really matter I could as easily test in the dining room or garage. But when I get a new device before I mount and intergrate it I test it.

Set your camera to an [unused] house and unit code. maybe even use an extention cord to plug in [both] the camera and a TM751 (transceiver). Then connect the camera to a spare TV, put batteries in the remote, read the setup directions (online if needed). Now go through all the functions without and other problems or confusion.

It there still seems to be a problem... call X10 tech support.

LOOKnonUbAbYCAke

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 11:21:30 AM »

Thanks so much for your time Dave. I'm feeling quite stupid at this point being that the problem all along was I had the wrong power supply connected to the XC21B. All is working well now. Thanks again.

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »

.... the problem all along was I had the wrong power supply connected to the XC21B. All is working well now.

X10 is being very simple.... while at the same time perplexing and complex. The larger our systems are (or grow to be) the greater the odds of a simple error causing a problem. Bench Testing is the one way to ensure a smooth install.

LOOKnonUbAbYCAke

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 07:34:09 PM »

Well Dave I guess I spoke a little to early. All was working well until I got up this morning. Now for some odd reason the XC21B isn't showing up on the computer. I have controll of it. In the since. I can rotate right, left, up, down, but the picture is not coming in on the computer. I have my B/W on C1, the XC21B on C2, and the other color ninja's on C3, and C4. There all working fine except the XC21B. I reset the camera just in case there was a problem there, but that didn't help. On the bench test it fuctions. How ever I can't get a picture to come up properly, and the cameras within 6 feet of the receiver. So thats not the problem. I even tried unplugging all of them and just running the one I was having the problem with. Still no luck. I plugged the others in one by one and they came on with no problem. So I don't know I'm getting tired of this. Just not sure what to do about it. I have so many other things I need to be doing besides messing with this everyday. HEELLLPPPPP!!!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.