Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Conditions in security macros?  (Read 6826 times)

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Conditions in security macros?
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:21:52 AM »

I have created a macro set to turn on a light when a door sensor is triggered.  I'm trying to only get it to run at night.  I originally tried using the daytime/nighttime condition, which wasn't working, so I set up the phantom module/timer/macro/set flag trick instead.  The macro is still running all the time, even though it's condition is to only run when Flag 1 is clear (Flag 1 is set at dawn, cleared at dusk).

Do conditions work in macros triggered by security sensors?

Also, is there an easy way to see the status of flags?

solareclipse

Re: Conditions in security macros?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »

I've been doing more digging in the OnAlert forum and am now retesting using phantom modules to be triggered by the security sensors.  If that works, then I guess my question is more "Do macros with conditions need to be stored in the interface?"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »

"Do macros with conditions need to be stored in the interface?"

If you include a module status.. as a condition. In order for AHP to know it's status in must be monitored. I don't know if it is required that they be stored in the interface... but it would be my guess as yes.. as the monitored code is part of the interface setting.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

solareclipse

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »

I haven't been using module status as a condition.  I have no 2-way modules and I wouldn't rely on AHP's monitored house code to be accurate - plus I'm split over multiple codes.  My macro conditions were simply based on day/night.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:19:02 PM »

I haven't been using module status as a condition.  I have no 2-way modules and I wouldn't rely on AHP's monitored house code to be accurate - plus I'm split over multiple codes.  My macro conditions were simply based on day/night.

Well.... maybe I misunderstood when I read that part about the "phantom modules".

am now retesting using phantom modules to be triggered by the security sensors. 

You don't need a two-way module to have a monitor code. Actually... you have a monitored code already... you just may not be using it. On the monitored code.... AHP keeps track of the ON's and OFF's and remembers the modules status. So it doesn't go-look to see if the module is ON [ie if the condition has been met] it simply remembers.

Look over some of the user created macros... for more insight.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:20:46 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

solareclipse

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:48:40 AM »

My macro started working using the flag conditions, though I'm not sure why.  I flipped the condition in the macro so it would run during the day (when I was testing it) and it worked, so when I set it back to run at night, it just kept working.  Don't know why.

Now I have a new problem in that all my security modules disappeared from AHP, but I have a suspicion why that is and I'll post it elsewhere.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.