Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Device Codes, Why Not Updates From X-10?  (Read 12383 times)

sidvic999

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Device Codes, Why Not Updates From X-10?
« on: December 31, 2008, 01:53:48 PM »

I have been very disappointed with the Icon due to lack of connects with device codes and I wondered why this company does not offer updated codes for devices. Seriously, this is supposed to compete with the Harmony 880, yet it doesn't wwhen it comes to codes it likes. The Learn Mode is cumbersome at best, and really hard to digest. If the Icon can and will revive itself with x-10 code updates, I may alter my negative opinion. Why's it so difficult to get X-10 support for a simple device code, some being state of the art equipment? This is a real minus IMO. svic

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Device Codes, Why Not Updates From X-10?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:49:24 AM »

Exactly how do you envision X10 updating the internal firmware of your remote to add/change the built-in IR codes?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »

The Harmony is programmed over the web and has a connector for such things.
The Icon has no programming jack so it can not be done.

OK before someone corrects me. Yes the real early Beta ones had a micro USB jack on it but no more. My Beta one does; the production one I bought does not.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »

The Icon has no programming jack so it can not be done.

That is correct.  That's why I asked the OP how he envisioned being able to update the remote since he should be able to see there are no jacks.   >*<

Having wrote that, it might be possible to program the remote thru the IR detector, if one's PC also has an IR emitter (some notebooks do... mine does).
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.