Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best antenna MOD??? for CM19A  (Read 7853 times)

jsnone1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Best antenna MOD??? for CM19A
« on: January 02, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »

Ok, I have been reading all of the different antenna mods for the CM19A (the little black one with the smal black wire antenna). Im looking for a suggestion/opinion on what/which is the best mod. I have my receiver upstairs and I can not pick up ANY signal AT ALL from my motion detectors outside for my cameras.... your help is greatly appreciated...............thanks!!!!

heres the one I have:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:48:36 PM by jsnone1 »

jsnone1

Re: Best antenna MOD??? for CM15A
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 12:06:54 AM »

Motion sensors are outside and on all four corners of the house. The reciever is upstairs. so signal has to go through the floor and at least one wall

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »

My newest TM751 [was in a bundle deal] has the same receiver PC Board in it as the CM15A, but with the metal antenna. Beats the CM15A by a long shot. :)%

The mod for the CM15A found on accessha.com is not accessable any more. I believe the site has closed down. :(

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 07:33:56 AM »

Here is a CM15A mod similar to the one on accessha.com had on their site.

http://www.shed.com/tutor/CM15mods/CM15mods.html

Maybe we should have a section in our Forum or somewhere else for all those great shots and step by step pics that some are so dependable on including myself. Telling me how to do something is one thing, show me is much more effective.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 07:38:38 AM by BaBaLou. »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »

Thanks for the new link. Yes they sure look similar. Just a few added photos of details.

jsnone1

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

Here is a CM15A mod similar to the one on accessha.com had on their site.

http://www.shed.com/tutor/CM15mods/CM15mods.html

Maybe we should have a section in our Forum or somewhere else for all those great shots and step by step pics that some are so dependable on including myself. Telling me how to do something is one thing, show me is much more effective.

ok, my mistake, I guess I have the CM19A, not the cm15a.....edited original post to reflect this.....still lookin for an antenna mod for this guys....please shoo tme your "best" one

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Best antenna MOD??? for CM19A
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »

Ok, I have been reading all of the different antenna mods for the CM19A (the little black one with the smal black wire antenna). Im looking for a suggestion/opinion on what/which is the best mod. I have my receiver upstairs and I can not pick up ANY signal AT ALL from my motion detectors outside for my cameras.... your help is greatly appreciated...............thanks!!!!

1.  I don't know of any mods for the CM19A.

2.  Even if the CM19A does receive the RF signal from [say] an "eye" motion detector.... the CM19A doesn't put a signal on your power line (PLC). Camera power supplys respond to the PLC... not RF. So there would be no way for the [eye] motion sensor to turn a camera on.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:43:58 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

jsnone1

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »

1.  I don't know of any mods for the CM19A.

2.  Even if the CM19A does receive the RF signal from [say] an "eye" motion detector.... the CM19A does put a signal on your power line (PLC). Camera power supplys respond to the PLC... not RF. So there would be no way for the [eye] motion sensor to turn a camera on.

when a motion sensor is triggered in the Vanguard software, the camera that is currently selected is powered off and the one that is assigned to the motion sensor that is tripped turns on, and you can have stills or video recorded and emailed.

Problem is, I cant get the signal from the motion sensor to the CM19A......I got 2 of them to work, but no go on the other 2.

jsnone1

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »

this mod looks like my CM19A:

http://www.shed.com/tutor/mr26ant.html

is the MR26 the same as the CM19A???

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/CM19A
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/MR26A

The CM19A is USB and the MR26A is serial port connected.

The CM19A is both a receiver and transmitter for X10 RF signals. By what the web page said and I found a schematic on the FCC site that also shows both a receiver and transmitter section.

The MR26A is a receiver only. There was no data on the FCC site for the MR26A.

Since the CM19A also transmitts. You would have to be careful not to detune it as X10s output section is kind of skimpy on parts and you would void the FCC Acceptance. Probably would send farther though
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:14:39 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.